Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Black connection problem.

[ New ]

Haven't been able to properly connect my Hero 8 to my andriod phone. I've read every topic and still have't been able to connect. It will find it then tell me it needs to update. Them will lose connection during the update. Tryed to manually update it threw the PC with a micro disk but wont update. 

When i pull up the go pro app and when its "connected" won't show me a display or anything. 

I've cleared the cache, redownloaded the app. Have tried everything I could think of. Help!

unnamed.png
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Black connection problem.

[ New ]

Hello, @mustbeadam. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you have the latest version of the GoPro App installed? If you haven't yet, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

Tourist

[ New ]
I have an LG G8, and uninstalled and reinstalled the GoPro app. Still nothing works. Won't connect manually from just the wifi. Why can't this be Bluetooth. Make life easier.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @mustbeadam

If the update has not been completed, please try it again. See https://gopro.com/en/us/update/hero8-black

Were you able to try a manual connection?

To help isolate the issue, it will be best to try the connection with another phone.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej