Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Black and Karma Grip

That I did know. It’s the ports that they mislead customers into believing it’s the same. The batteries from the 7 don't work either yet they fit perfectly. Gone is the connection to plug it directly into a TV also which I used all the time. I’d rather have the 7 by far.
Highlighted
Backpacker

@clutchmx674 wrote:
That I did know. It’s the ports that they mislead customers into believing it’s the same. The batteries from the 7 don't work either yet they fit perfectly. Gone is the connection to plug it directly into a TV also which I used all the time. I’d rather have the 7 by far.

they never mislead anyone, they always clear its bigger than the Hero 7 (even I knew that before it hit the shelves). Does sound like the 7's better for you, but still need to research before you spend money then start blaming everyone else

Highlighted
Tourist

pour gopro hero 8 pas de karmagrip. pourtant en traveling cela est tres sympa

Highlighted
Tourist

I too just realized that my 8 will not work with my Karma grip gimbal. I do mountain bike videos and purchased the karma gimbal worked perfect with my 5 and 7. I even have the expensive battery extension cable. Even with the stabilization of the 7 you needed the gimbal. I think my biggest concern is that for loyal customers (this is my 4th GoPro) the GoPro accessories are expensive. So if they are going obsolete an $400 investment in their own product, they should sell them at a lower price. I’m going riding with the 8. So we’ll see how good it really is.