Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Black and Karma Grip

I have been using my Hero 5 Black with a Karma Grip for the past few years. I just decided to upgrade to the Hero 8, only to learn that the Hero 8 is not compatible with the Karma Grip! WHY WOULD GOPRO DO THAT? 

Backpacker

Re: Hero 8 Black and Karma Grip

The fact the Hero 8's a different size to all previous models means it won't fit the mounting cage

Tourist

Perhaps they could design/manufacture a cage that would fit the Hero 8 for the Karma Grip, after all the grip is only a +/- 3 year old product and they seem to have already made it obsolete.

Backpacker

when the main sales pitch for the Hero 8 is that the stability is that good you don't need a gimbal, how much effort do you think they'll put into making it work with Karma?

Tourist

This is absolutely ridiculous and the main reason I bought the 8 is for my Karma drone! I can’t believe this and so upset right now. I just got the GoPro 8 in the mail and got ready to set it up with the drone but that’s not happening! I’m sending it back.
Tourist

It seems that they give up pretty easily. The Karma drone only lasted about a year before that became obsolete. It makes me second guess buying anything else from GoPro, which is a shame, since I started with a Hero 3, then a Hero 5, a Karma Grip (obsolete) and now a Hero 8. I wonder how long it will be before the current design is also mothballed...

Backpacker

@clutchmx674 wrote:
This is absolutely ridiculous and the main reason I bought the 8 is for my Karma drone! I can’t believe this and so upset right now. I just got the GoPro 8 in the mail and got ready to set it up with the drone but that’s not happening! I’m sending it back.

with a few seconds of research your'd of seen Karma had been discontinued for over a year before the release of the Hero 8, and the drone department didn't exist anymore

Highlighted
Backpacker

@jmaurophoto wrote:ever

It seems that they give up pretty easily. The Karma drone only lasted about a year before that became obsolete. It makes me second guess buying anything else from GoPro, which is a shame, since I started with a Hero 3, then a Hero 5, a Karma Grip (obsolete) and now a Hero 8. I wonder how long it will be before the current design is also mothballed...

it seems to me you know nothing about the company. Karma drone was originally released with quite a serious defect which cost the company big via the recall & compensation to purchasers. Plus the fact your'd know GoPro don't change the camera's form that often (Hero 3 the same form as 3+ & 4, Hero 5 was carried over to 6 & 7)