Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Black - Photo Raw Mode and some problems

Have couple of days H8 (my first GoPro). Didn't find anything in manual about RAW photo mode. Works only in wide format. Not linear, not narrow ???

Also have problem with connecting to my iPhone 10s. Usually help if I take battery out and in ? What's the problem ?

Another. Auto upload to cloud (gopro plus) works very special. Some pictures/videos uploads, some no.

Is there some "Getting started with gopro" link ? Where I can find how it works ? Manual is useless...

GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Black - Photo Raw Mode and some problems

Hi @martinz2455,

Yes, the RAW option is only available in Wide Lens. 

And with regards to connecting, what seems to be the exact problem?

Also with your GoPro PLUS, Is it only uploading the files with small file size?

Please let us know.

Thanks!

-Jay

Hiker

Raw phoos are made from the information tyaken straight from the sensor and not processed by the camera.  This retains all the information which is lost when it is converted to a compressed JPEG image letting youi develop the image later on to pull out more detail.

Linear and narrow views are processed views taking the image from the sensor and applying distortion correction or cropping and processing the white balance, contrast, saturation etc for a JPEG file, they therefore don't exist as Raw data.

Tourist

Yeah... when I open app, I see H8 is found. I click on View Media. After receive demand "H8 wants to connect to app", after agree, I see "connecting", after a while "not possible to connect to H8", after "Try again". When I take battery out and in of gopro, usually it connects immediately.

Gopro plus is also problem. Pictures takes, usualy videos no. Some of the videos are as corrupted.

Thanks for info about RAW

Tourist

Thanks... Ok. understand, that lens are wide, the others are digital...

GoPro

Got it @martinz2455,

Please try this.

Make sure your phone does not auto connect to a wireless network with internet. 

Try to disable that feature if you have it enabled. 

Also when you say video files are corrupted is it corrupted on your camera or just when you upload the file to cloud storage?

-Jay