Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 8 Black: Edits made on App dont upload to cloud

[ New ]

Has anyone experienced this issue: 

Create an edit in the GoPro Mobile App (iPhone 12) - add Stickers, Gauges, Slow motion and save the edit. I can view the edit and play it, download it to my phone and view it on my phone correctly. 

Video then uploads to the cloud without any of the edits done at all. So no edits have been saved. 

Video then also does not sync to the Desktop App from the cloud

Any ideas? 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 8 Black: Edits made on App dont upload to cloud

[ New ]

Summary: 

Create Edit in GoPro App, add any gauges, edits, clip, slow down, speed up etc

Then download that edit to your phone storage/photos/video library 

Open Browser 

Upload Phone Edit to https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/

Keep Browser open during upload 

Once completed you will have the original video and the edit in the cloud and on the Quik Desktop App. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

For reference 

Image 1: On the App I have loaded some gauges 

IMG-0393.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Image 2: The same video now synced to the cloud has no gauges 

Also removes any time slowing down or speeding up I did and saved. 

IMG-0394.jpg
Backpacker

[ New ]

Had the same issue ages ago and I was banging my head trying to figure out why and how to fix it.  Finally figured it out!

When you add gauges to a clip and hit save.  You are saving your clip and the gauges are still an overlay.  This means when your clip is uploaded it's uploaded as is without the overlay.  Same as when you try to import that clip into a Quik story, you import the clip but none of the gauges are visible as they are a seperate layer.

So how to fix?

Easy!  Create your clip with the gauges you want.  However instead of just hitting save, hit the export button (as in "Save to phone gallery").  When you do this, the gauges are then combined into the video stream and are no longer an overlay, but part of the actual video.  You can then add that clip to your Quik story and it's there with gauges.  That's the good news, the bad news is that since it's saved to your phone gallery, I'm not sure it will upload to the GoPro Cloud.  Not exactly a deal breaker since the original clip is saved and you can still use it to add gauages.  Still, might be something the app developers can put on their roadmap as a future fix.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you,

My issue was that it was not syncing to the cloud, but you gave me an idea, which has worked!

Followed your steps, saved the edited video to my phone, then logged into GoPro.Com on my phone browser, uploaded the videos with the edits and sorted. On my phone I needed to keep the browser open so it uploaded and didn’t reset the upload each time I used another app.

Shared on the Cloud, and on Quik Dashboard Desktop with gauges (separate issue as Quik Desktop doesn’t show gauges)

Appreciate the advice, problem solved. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Summary: 

Create Edit in GoPro App, add any gauges, edits, clip, slow down, speed up etc

Then download that edit to your phone storage/photos/video library 

Open Browser 

Upload Phone Edit to https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/

Keep Browser open during upload 

Once completed you will have the original video and the edit in the cloud and on the Quik Desktop App.