Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Hero 8 Black Bluetooth connection

Can I connect my Hero 8 with my Sena 20S Evo helmet communication device via Bluetooth?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 8 Black Bluetooth connection

@1pandamonium, this isn't currently a feature in the camera. The HERO8 Black can only be paired with the GoPro App on a mobile device and/or Smart Remote. Anyhow, we appreciate the insight as it can help us build a better experience with our products. We'll relay this information to the team in charge. Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Tourist

I just ordered the mic adapter for my Hero 8. What microphone is best for motovlogging and where can I buy it? Also, what is the best way, if any, to connect it so that the voices of the other riders are heard as well? I don't like my videos to be one side or when I sound like I'm talking to myself.
Any input would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you.
Highlighted
Nomad

Please note that if you're planning on directly recording audio to your GoPro, you're either going to need a GoPro Microphone Adapter or the GoPro Media Mod (for the Hero 8).

I personally use the Fotowelt Air for motovlogging.  For others voices, they would have to use the same wireless system and just broadcast on the same channel.  Since this is a radio mic, it will pic up multiple audio signals at once unlike a bluetooth connection which may not.

I did a review on the microphone here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fkwyb2rhWlk

In this review I decide to test out the Fotowelt air. This is a professional wireless microphone system and I see how it stacks up against budget microphones...
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @1pandamonium. Not particularly for motovlogging but we also have a list of recommended external microphones at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/External-Microphone-Recommendations/ta-p/390259 that you might want to check out. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Awesome. Thank you for the informaron. I'll be sure to check them out.