Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

Has anyone who has a Feiyu-tech G6 gimbal had any success connecting it via wifi? I set it to 2.4 and can connect it (according to the horrible Feiyu app) and the G6 shows the wifi logo, but the camera logo stays crossed out and I have no control of the shutter with the G6.

Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

I have purchased my first Feiyutech G6 gimbal along with a Gopro Hero 7 Black. It still does not connect with wifi due to compatibility. Feiyutech needs to update the G6 firmware for this. The G6 gimbal works like a charm and the only negative side is controlling the gopro manually using the physical controls or app. Will wait until Feiyutech updates their firmware.

Hiker

My GoPro 7 Black is working with all the controls on the Feiyu G6 but note:

- Inital wifi/linking failed with FeiyuON 3.0 and above on IOS 11.x and 12.x

- Changing any settings and saving also fails with above versions.

- Initial wifi/linking worked with IOS 10.x and FeiyuON 2.1.27

- Changing settings also works in this version (albeit a bit problematic at times).

- Changing settings works perfectly and fast with Android latest version and old samsung S3 phone.

So in summary, get a hold of android version or older IOS version if possible and it should link/work thereafter. Tip: If on IOS (or any device for that matter) put a stop to auto updates of apps and pick and choose to update only if the update adds some critical value or fixes somethign that was broken (if it aint broke don;t fix/update it) :)

Hiker

I have the same problem. Can’t connect my G6 to H7. Also, can’t connect my SPG to iPhone X. I think I’ll sell my Feiyutechs and buy Karma grip instead.

Sightseer

Looks like Feiyu Tech just updated their app (iOS) and it fixed it for me. Had to enter my wifi password 4 times but it ended up connecting and I was able to use all features of the G6.

GoPro

Glad to know that it's now working. @browntj.

Sightseer

I did have the same problem, with de G6 and H6, just did a firmware update, now i am testing.
Tourist

Indeed after all updates and multiple attempts, my g6 kicked in and works flawlessly with my Hero 7 Black.