Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

I’m happy for you.

Tourist

I have watched the video and followed the instructions as close as I could. Once you select “connect device” on the GoPro 7 you are forced to choose the GoPro App, Remo (Voice Remote), Smart Remote or Bluetooth Device. What do you select here to connect to the G6? I have tried them all. Then when I open the Feiyu On App it doesn’t look the same as the video. I have a selectable button that says “connecting the camera” with a wifi symbol next to it. I select this and it always returns a message saying “Querying the current keyboard version failed, please try again”. I have updated the firmware of the gimbal however if I try and update the “keyboard” firmware it justs gets stuck on “Checking Version”. Any help would be appreciated. Using iPhone 8, IOS 12.
Hiker

The video above is for older version, it still works as it should. I assume you have the newer 3.02 installed? That version does not work with Hero7. They are sharing a downgrade in their own Facebook group. You'll find find by searching "Feiyutech support". They provide downgrade for both, iOS and Android. When you get in to the group, look for announcements and you'll find a post by Becky, the group admin.
Tourist

I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record b...

I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record button is not working with it? I press but recording doesn't start on GoPro? Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Sam
GoPro

Re: I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record b...

Hi @samk86,

Is there any error message on the camera or is there any beeps?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

No action on GoPro, maybe I need to update the G6 firmware?

Tourist

No action on GoPro, maybe I need to update the G6 firmware?
Tourist

Yes, you need to update g6 to get it connected to GoPro 7. Once I did that and followed the youtube guide in connecting them, finally worked for me.