Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

Can you advise how do you connect Hero7 to G6 for continuous charge?

Hiker

Via the USB-Micro to USB-C small cable that come swith the G6 (GP7 USB-C Port and USB-Micro port on gimbal mount back plate.

Tourist

Thank you, so the cable is supplied. Is it best to use gimble only stabilisation, or to have in camera stabilisation enabled too. 

Hiker

There is no best. Hopefully GoPro update or fix Hypersmooth to work better for panning motion and left/right turns instead of just fast action and stright line filming.

Gimbal by itself it great buy often you still have micro jitter. Gimbal + Hypersmooth = buttery smooth and leveled footage (no micro jitter) BUT you can not pan or turn at all without awful stutters casued by the Hypoersmooth function (this happens even without a gimbal in Hypersmooth too).

So essentially, for walking speed and handheld turning speed (with or without gimbal) - in a line is great (Hypersmooth ON) - Turning around is not great.

Tourist

[ Edited ]

Can someone who has successfully connected the G6 to the H7 please do a step by step? I have updated all firmware and tried to connect the two for hours without success.

Hiker

I can't help you but I got this messagw when I asked about this issue from Feiyutech support:

"Sorry to tell you that our R&D department not yet testing G6 with GoPro Hero 7, they will testing when they receiving the GoPro Hero 7, please wait some time."

Could someone from Gopro send them one Hero 7 to do the tests? :D
Tourist

Old news tuquoque - I followed Feiyu instructions for connecting a g6 to a GoPro and it now works perfectly with my hero 7 black.
Tourist