Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

Hi guys, I have just received my new G6. I found the display screen is hard to see/dark, especially when viewed outdoor in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Highlighted
Sightseer

After 2 days of resets and re-installs with 3 different phones, and going step by step thru all the advice on this thread...the only thing that instantly worked was doing a hard reset on the G6.... it is not in the manual and it was not clear from this thread HOW to do it....

The key was that the G6 had to be on (screen on), press and hold side button, red video button then power/mode button for a while until you see cleaning or clearing, press joystick to the right....it is now reset..... and then go through the pairing process as usual and bingo.

What is weird is my G6/H7 worked for a very long time before, only after I updated keyboard firmware did this crap start....

Now working so I don't need to throw it away in a rage :)

Highlighted
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

This totally worked. I tried everything with no avail.  Had it working a while back. Didn't use it for a while and then got a new phone. Had no luck since until I came across this exact post. Try it guys. Worked for me. 

Highlighted
Tourist

press and hold side button, red video button then power/mode button for a while until you see GIMBLE UPGRADE.

Then app upgrades correctly keyboard firmware. From app i see gimbal upgaded keyboard firmware. But gimbal small sceen is dark and and knobs not working. Only power off and on.