Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Betreff: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

My trouble is using the G6 to power the GoPro causes the camera to crash 100% of the time.

Tourist

Betreff: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

Same issue here. 

I got H7 connected via Wifi to the G6. The shutter button on the G6 works in most times. Sometimes I have to press a bit longer to stop a recording. Not perfect, but ok.

BUT: As soon as the power cord is connected from the Gimbal to the H7, the Wifi works one last time: Then, the cam screen goes black for a second and then Wifi is gone. It is still indicated as "On" in Cam's menue. Switching it off and on again, it works shortly, but freezes again. There is no solution yet. Wifi with G6 and H7 is possible on H7-internal-battery-power only. (Even if you connect another power source like a charger, it happens the same. So I think it's a Gopro fault and not a G6-issue)

For everyone who has problems with the Wifi connection from G6 to H7: Try without powering the Gopro from the Gimbal!

It makes me angry: I bought the G6 because of it's "Powerbank" capability, but it is not working with the H7black.

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

Hi, im guessing your gopro with g6 without camera internal battery work only without hypersmooth turning on. Have you tried switching on hypersmooth and shooting by gimbal shutter button without gopro internal battery? 

Hiker

Hi, I tried shooting video using gopro hero 7 black without gopro internal battery. The camera is wifi connected to gimbal g6 and its worked. But only with hypersmooth turning off. With hypersmooth turning on will cause camera crashing (unless gopro internal battery inserted). Not sure other user facing the same.

Tourist

I discovered that if internal battery inserted you can shoot any resolution and fps you wanted to with wifi connected to gimbal and using gimbal buttons. However if without gopro battery inserted, things work differently. When wifi connected to gimbal, maximum resolution and fps it can goes is only upto 2.7k 25 fps (PAL) with hypersmooth on. if you want higher fps and resolution you need to disable hypersmooth otherwise camera will crash. To overcome this, disable the wifi connected to gimbal, by then you can shoot at any resolution and fps you want without gopro battery inserted and you will need to shoot manually by pressing shutter button on gopro itself.