Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

I have tried on multiple phones and have selected both gopro 5/6 and gopro 7 black, however I continue to receive the wifi timeout error message.

Whats the fix? is the gimbal even worth the headache as I don't see many success stories for gopro 7 with this shi!!!.

GoPro

Hi @nwphew

As this is a 3rd party device we do not have much information/troubleshooting we can share.

You may refer to Feiyu's Customer Support for assistance.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

My gopro hero 7 black seems to connect to the G6 (no error and wifi not barred), but the button to trigger the recording remains barred. The firmwares of G6 and Gopro are all up to date. What a pity that Feiyu does not communicate on a possible correction of this problem.

Tourist

Wifi works well for me on a HTC 10. I can start/stop a video and change modes. However I cannot get video feeback on my mobile.

Finally I don't use wifi to control the gopro. I dont't find that feature very usefull because I only start/stop videos with Gopro on/off button.

Gopro 7 stabilization combined with G6 gimball give me very good results and I like G6 for timelaps too.

Sightseer

My wifi to is timed out... I beginning to dislike this gimbal! Also mine vibrates ALL the time and doesnt want to save my settings... Video https://youtu.be/6dwWHjmvanQ
Explorer

GoPro Karma Grip gives excellent stabilization and controls the camera very well. For the cost of a new Karma Grip, you can also get it with the Karma Drone, Controller, Mounting Ring, Charger, and Karma Backpack. https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/refurbished-karma-for-hero765-black/QKWXX-K01.html
Tourist

Feiyu G6: 160$ Smiley Wink

Explorer

Sell it and you only need to come up with $139 for a complete Karma System (including a stabilizer that is actually built to work with your camera and is one of the most stable available) 😁