Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ New ]
Please upload video to YouTube my friend. You help many people who have this problem.. I try to do all this but something i do wrong..
Tourist

[ New ]
One more thing i missed is that may be a thick, The Feiyu supporter told me I need to wait 30s after all show connected. Last time I worked I remember that is in Step 13, please try wait 30s. And at step 17, just let it record less than 1 minute. Now all my device connect successful and It no need to recognise each other required. So I can’t simulate again ...
Tourist

[ New ]
Trick not thick....
Hiker

Betreff: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ New ]

Habe eine H7 Black,benutze im moment noch den g6 plus. anscheinend sollte soweit die software gleich sein. verbindungsprobleme habe ich in diesem sinne nicht. kann meine h7 auch steuern. Problem ist eher das nach ein paar aufnahmen die h7 sich aufhängt und ich das video nicht stopen kann. auch keines mehr starten. akku raus und wieder rein, funktioniert wieder für paar videos in ca 4 min länge dann fängt alles wieder von vorne an. schalte ich bei der h7 wlan aus und bediene sie manuell funktioniert es. 

Tourist

[ New ]
@delilama tried your walkthrough and it worked like a charm. Made it with the old app (feiyuon). Thanks to the real MVP 😉
Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, what resolution you use for recording.?

1) To able to use with the gimbal you need to select 1080 resolution or below. Higher than 1080 then you will experiece freezing when stop recording using gimbap button. 

2) 2.7K resolution sometime its work sometime not is you disable the Auto light function. So the only way you can use your gimbal with this resolution or above, you will need to manually stop the recording by pressing camera shutter button itself.

3) Im not sure if this had be a known issue for gopro or not but its somehow not documented.

I wonder others gimbal perform the same not or only feiyu g6 plus alone.  i'm planning to purchase gorpo remote control but afraid the same thing happend too freezing at higher resolution above 1080. i also targeting to purchace either 1) Karma Grip, 2) Feiyu g6, 2) Feiyu wg2x.

Any feedback/recommendation  from community member who using those gimbal regarding the freezing issue are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Explorer

[ New ]

Karma Grip works great with HERO5/6/7 Black cameras, and you can use all of the resolutions/frame rates.

Tourist

[ New ]
That solution worked for me. I was about to return my G6. Thank you so much!
Tourist

[ New ]

SOS!!!

In no way i can enable Feiyutech G6 Shutter Button to work in Video Recording Mode.

I have tried 2 different Feiyutech G6 Gimbals and 2 GoPro Cameras 7 Black and 6 Black. Gopro 6 Black connects and works with both Feiyutech G6 Gimbals flawlessly. No problem at all.

Gopro 7 Black behaves in same manner with both different Feiyutech G6 Gimbals - it connects with no problems, i can switch Gopro 7 modes with side button - TimeLapse, Photo, Video, i even can take Photos with Shutter Button in both cases without problems, BUT i can't ENABLE SHUTTER BUTTON to start/stop Video Recording.

I have tried almost all versions of FeiyuON apps, have reuploaded firmwares to Gimbal and Gopro 7 Black ( all are the latest ones) - NOTHING HELPS.

The only thing is, that with latest FeiyuOn versions, when checked Keypad Firmware it always answers as Unknown and offers to upgrade to version 1.12. Upgrade process finishes successfully and everything starts from the beginning - Unknown version....

With FeiyuON version Fulllog V3.0.13 it shows correctly - The Latest version

Has anyone encountered this problem or has a clue what can i do more to solve it.

From my experiments it more looks that this is a particular problem of my GoPro 7 Black Camera and some fix is needed - firmware or hardware? 

Please HELP!!!

Explorer

[ New ]
Sell them both and get a Karma Grip. Problem solved.
Tourist

[ New ]
Why should i sell good thing with replacable batteries, providing the whole day of filming and excellent stabilization and take one hour working device?
It's not a solution , Sorry
Explorer

[ New ]
Karma Grip has the best stabilization, run time of about 2 hours (not one), can be attached to a portable power pack for longer duration of needed, can be mounted directly to GoPro mounts, and most importantly... You would have a stabilizer that actually works with your camera instead of two that don't.
Tourist

[ New ]
Please don't take me wrong - where did i write, that G6 does not stabilize or not working. Actually it works awesome, plus i use Remo remote control and no problems at all. I do want only to use it alone by using G6 own Shutter button.
Explorer

[ New ]
Great to hear you like your stabilizers. I hope that Feiyutech can work out the compatibility issue for you.
Tourist

[ New ]

First of all i have one gimbal. If i said, that i've tried 2, does not mean i have bought 2! I just borrowed it from my friend. Second, why, if i use the thread about connection of Gopro 7 to Feiyutech G6, to offer as a problem solution the usage of the completely different gimbal, when a lot of people here are reporting about successful connection between G6 and gopro7?

Adventurer

[ New ]

U own a Feiyu they are a excellent Gimbal, they can accept extended batteries, of the older versions 18650's, and with a extended  attachment.  They used to take three Bats, and got  dow nto two. found a way to extend the  power and conserve. the gimbal can run longer the nteh gopro can record. but when using the gimbal to recharge one has to give over the other.  

We are here on a GoPro site and of course the Karma is what comes first  while others look for  the Better.  If you are experiencing a issue with the Feiyu Please contact the company and talk to Amy or DIdo,  "Amy or Didi" they are the two  very helpful people over at Feiyu-tech.com to  find a solution, but remember they may or may not be able to hav ethe fix right away?   The one down side of Feiyu and the company is the purchasing and return for repairs. you the seller will pay for the shipping and that can be quite expensive , and as well for  the batteries as well to ship?

Yes we all understand your question that you tried a few cameras and two gimbals that you own one.  Did you  go to the firmware page and try to updat teh G6 Gimbal, from what I remember it is not easy to do with the G4  from my memory.

The Hero 7 today I no longer bother with a gimbal, and that said  the gimbal  has a few added features I love to have had on the latter, and well you can not have it all in one camera.

again get in contact with Feiyu for your fixes.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank You for useful info. Will definetly try to contact those guys.

Tourist

[ New ]
Just forgot to add, that for sure Gopro 7 provides a descent stabilization itself, but i desperately need a gimbal to keep horizon during video filming
Adventurer

[ New ]

Yes a gimbal will greatly improve  the video.   also  slowing the vi to 24p can help take the bounce out. nothing is perfect in life.

Tourist

[ New ]

Once again, mate, thank You for good advise to contact Feiyutech Support. Ryan, the Service Guy from there send me a solution, that finally worked:

For now, you can try this method to record video using the shutter button:
1) Connect the gimbal to your camera via the GoPro 5/6 option;
2) Connect the camera to the GoPro App(I guess it's called "Capture"?), and try recording a video using the GoPro App;
3) Close the Capture App, and turn on WiFi on your phone.
4) Now you can try to use the shutter button on gimbal to record video.(not sure 100% work though)

And this has provided excellent connection. Now Gopro 7 without own battery ( connected only to G6 with attached cable) works like a dream: i switch on Gimbal, say gopro Power On and that's it. Gopro is already connected and i can start filming video and control from Feiyutech G6
Maybe someone else can use this advice
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi there,

I really need a help to connect my G6 to GoPro 7 Black. I read all pages in this forum and I tried everything that everyone said. It has been months and I still use G6 and GoPro7 unconnected. It is boring boring boring. What can I do more, just write me in detail pls. I am bored doing all this steps again and again.

I have iPhone XS (ios 12.xx) and Gopro 7 black

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all, for those who still cannot connect the G6 to H7, the solution below may be helpful. It was provided by after sale service of Feiyu.

1. Press shutter button, setting button and trigger button at the same time, then you will see the display give a message "clean". 
  2. Next, move joystick to the right for confirmation. This operation will clean all wifi connection.
  3. Restart your gimbal.
  4. Resetting the WiFi for your GoPro Hero 7 and make connection again, please confirm the bands is set up with 2.4GHZ as well.
  5. *This is my own step: Connect GoPro app to H7 first, or Feiyu ON cannot detect H7 (I don't know why, I'm still new to GoPro).
  6. Turning off the Feiyu ON App (if it's on), then run the App again.
  7. Connecting the GoPro Hero 7 by select the Hero5/6 option. * I waited about 10-20 seconds for the app to show "Connected".

I bought my G6 yesterday, and has no luck to solve it by myself or search thru internet. My last resort is to email their after sale service, and it works perfectly now. Should shoot them an email at the beginning instead of trying to solve it by myself lol. Hopefully the solution above helps. Good luck.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @gadssen

Tourist

[ New ]
My setup is Feiyu G6 with Gopro7 on Samsung S7. Everything works great beside that i cannot record with the charging cable pluged from G6 to Gopro7.
Sightseer

[ New ]
I tried this. It worked. But when the app closed it ruined the connection. Do I have to do this every time? If so, this is absolutely horrendous.
Tourist

[ New ]

I believe G6 is communicating with H7 via the app? Again, I'm new and I could be wrong. I didn't quit my app, but I did put my phone to sleep and put in my pocket when operating H7+G6, the connection stays on. As long as they connected once and I didn't reset connection, all I need to do is open the Feiyu ON and connect bluetooth to G6, wifi will be connected automatically.

Tourist

[ New ]

I also tried it and it works. After that when I disconect everything and try to connect it again it didn't worked. This was yestarday, today I test it again (without cleaning anything) - I've turned the gopro on, then the gimbal and then the Feiyu app (without starting the Gopro app) and it got connected. I've tried it several times and it worked. I hope this is helpfull and I hope it will continie to work Smiley Very Happy

Tourist

[ New ]

Bonjour,

Pour ceux qui ont réussi à connecter le G6 avec une Hero 7 black, pouvez vous m'indiquer la version de l'application du Feyu On et si ça fonctionne sous Android 8.0 ?
Merci 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hallo zusammen,

ich habe einiges versucht und nun klappt es endlich den Feiyu Tech G6 mit der GoPro Hero 7 zu koppeln.

Folgende Punkte haben funktioniert:

• Schalte den G6 ein
  • Halte gleichzeitig den "shutter button", den "setting button" und den "trigger button" gedrückt. Dann erscheint auf dem Display die Meldung "clean". 
  • Bewege den "Joystick" anschließend zur Bestätigung kurz nach rechts. Dieser Vorgang wird alle WLAN-Verbindung bereinigen.
  • Starten den Gimbal neu
  • Setze das WLAN für die GoPro Hero 7 zurück und stellen die Bänder auf 2,4 GHz.
  • Bitte beachte das beim zurücksetzen die GoPro einen neuen W-Lan Namen und Passwort erhält
  • Aktiviere nun W-Lan bei deiner GoPro und klicke auf neue Verbindung. Anschließend auf GoPro App klicken so das der Bildschirm mit der Beschreibung für die App erscheint.
  • Starte die Feiyu App auf deinem Smartphone und klicke auf das Symbol um die Kamera mit dem Gimbal zu verbinden
  • Wähle nun GoPro 5/6 aus und stelle eine Verbindung zur GoPro her und gib das Passwort ein.
  • Sobald die Sanduhr verschwindet wartest du ca. 20 Sekunden bist du ein Signal hörst das die Kamera verbunden ist.
  • Du kannst jetzt den G6 mit deiner GoPro7 nutzen, wirst aber feststellen das die Aufnahme Taste "shutter button" im Kamera Modus nicht funktioniert.
  • Starte auf deinem Smartphone die GoPro App und stelle eine Verbindung mit dem neuen W-Lan Namen und dem Passwort her. Sobald dies funktioniert hat starte eine Aufnahme vom Smartphone aus und beende diese mit dem G6 "shutter button".
  • Anschließend funktioniert die Aufnahme mit dem "shutter button".

Ich hoffe ich konnte dem ein oder anderen damit helfen.

Viele Grüße

Chris

Tourist

[ New ]
Noch ein Nachtrag. Sollte es erneut vorkommen das die Aufnahme Taste "shuttor button" die Aufnahme nicht starten dann lasst die GoPro App auf dem Smartphone einfach im Hintergrund laufen.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Latest software on all devices. Went through every procedure. Cleared settings several times. Two hours of going through different variables.These devices just do not work together. Sometimes the wifi will be connected even though the Feiyu On app says it isn't. The shutter button NEVER works. I can change settings and mode but cannot use the shutter buttom. GoPro App can't record remote record either. Most dissapointing.

Tourist

[ New ]

C'est curieux, je n'ai aucun problème de connexion avec Le Feiyu Tech G6 et ma Gopro Hero 7 Black.

1. J'allume la GoPro en  premier,
  2. ensuite l'appli GoPro sur le téléphone jusqu'à l'apparition de l'écran de la Gopro sur le Smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, sous Android8)
  3. J'allume le G6
  4.  je lance l'appli Feiyu One sur le Smartphone, appli téléchargée sur le site Feiyutech à cette adresse : 
    http://www.feiyu-tech.com/download/App/Feiyu_On.apk
  5. Au bout de quelques secondes tout est connecté et opérationnel. Le seul souci rencontré est la modification des réglages par le bouton du G6 (les réglages ne sont pas tous accessible

Bon courage, ça doit fonctionner !
Sightseer

[ New ]

Thanks Chriss - this worked for me.

The key step for mine was to select the earlier model Go Pro in the Feiyu app.

Hiker

[ New ]

What resolution are you shooting at? had you experience any freezing issue when shooting above 2.7k for both 4:3 and 16:9.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hasz du eine Lösung gefunden? Hab das gleiche Problem, LG

Sightseer

[ New ]

It's working.

Thank YOU!

Sightseer

[ New ]

My trouble is using the G6 to power the GoPro causes the camera to crash 100% of the time.

Tourist

[ New ]

Same issue here. 

I got H7 connected via Wifi to the G6. The shutter button on the G6 works in most times. Sometimes I have to press a bit longer to stop a recording. Not perfect, but ok.

BUT: As soon as the power cord is connected from the Gimbal to the H7, the Wifi works one last time: Then, the cam screen goes black for a second and then Wifi is gone. It is still indicated as "On" in Cam's menue. Switching it off and on again, it works shortly, but freezes again. There is no solution yet. Wifi with G6 and H7 is possible on H7-internal-battery-power only. (Even if you connect another power source like a charger, it happens the same. So I think it's a Gopro fault and not a G6-issue)

For everyone who has problems with the Wifi connection from G6 to H7: Try without powering the Gopro from the Gimbal!

It makes me angry: I bought the G6 because of it's "Powerbank" capability, but it is not working with the H7black.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, im guessing your gopro with g6 without camera internal battery work only without hypersmooth turning on. Have you tried switching on hypersmooth and shooting by gimbal shutter button without gopro internal battery? 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hi, I tried shooting video using gopro hero 7 black without gopro internal battery. The camera is wifi connected to gimbal g6 and its worked. But only with hypersmooth turning off. With hypersmooth turning on will cause camera crashing (unless gopro internal battery inserted). Not sure other user facing the same.

Tourist

[ New ]

I discovered that if internal battery inserted you can shoot any resolution and fps you wanted to with wifi connected to gimbal and using gimbal buttons. However if without gopro battery inserted, things work differently. When wifi connected to gimbal, maximum resolution and fps it can goes is only upto 2.7k 25 fps (PAL) with hypersmooth on. if you want higher fps and resolution you need to disable hypersmooth otherwise camera will crash. To overcome this, disable the wifi connected to gimbal, by then you can shoot at any resolution and fps you want without gopro battery inserted and you will need to shoot manually by pressing shutter button on gopro itself.

Sightseer

[ New ]

thnank you very much with this good advice , everything works perfectly, i am gratefull :)

greetz,

Tjoh

Tourist

[ New ]

I have same issue with you on latest firmwares of H7 and G6. Shutter doesn't work when charing H7 from gimbal.

After trying many solutions, I decide to use Gopro Smart Remote to control the shutter. It work well even if camera is charging.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi guys,

I think I found out the root cause.
We need to set video format to H.264 + HEVC then GH7 will not be crashed when starting record video during charging from G6 gimbal.

My assumption is that power consumption from gimbal is not enough for recording video with HEVC format
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi guys, I have just received my new G6. I found the display screen is hard to see/dark, especially when viewed outdoor in the afternoon. Is this normal?

Sightseer

[ New ]

After 2 days of resets and re-installs with 3 different phones, and going step by step thru all the advice on this thread...the only thing that instantly worked was doing a hard reset on the G6.... it is not in the manual and it was not clear from this thread HOW to do it....

The key was that the G6 had to be on (screen on), press and hold side button, red video button then power/mode button for a while until you see cleaning or clearing, press joystick to the right....it is now reset..... and then go through the pairing process as usual and bingo.

What is weird is my G6/H7 worked for a very long time before, only after I updated keyboard firmware did this crap start....

Now working so I don't need to throw it away in a rage :)

Sightseer

[ New ]

This totally worked. I tried everything with no avail.  Had it working a while back. Didn't use it for a while and then got a new phone. Had no luck since until I came across this exact post. Try it guys. Worked for me. 

Tourist

[ New ]

press and hold side button, red video button then power/mode button for a while until you see GIMBLE UPGRADE.

Then app upgrades correctly keyboard firmware. From app i see gimbal upgaded keyboard firmware. But gimbal small sceen is dark and and knobs not working. Only power off and on.