Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Betreff: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

@delilama tried your walkthrough and it worked like a charm. Made it with the old app (feiyuon). Thanks to the real MVP 😉
Hiker

Hi, what resolution you use for recording.?

1) To able to use with the gimbal you need to select 1080 resolution or below. Higher than 1080 then you will experiece freezing when stop recording using gimbap button. 

2) 2.7K resolution sometime its work sometime not is you disable the Auto light function. So the only way you can use your gimbal with this resolution or above, you will need to manually stop the recording by pressing camera shutter button itself.

3) Im not sure if this had be a known issue for gopro or not but its somehow not documented.

I wonder others gimbal perform the same not or only feiyu g6 plus alone.  i'm planning to purchase gorpo remote control but afraid the same thing happend too freezing at higher resolution above 1080. i also targeting to purchace either 1) Karma Grip, 2) Feiyu g6, 2) Feiyu wg2x.

Any feedback/recommendation  from community member who using those gimbal regarding the freezing issue are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Explorer

Karma Grip works great with HERO5/6/7 Black cameras, and you can use all of the resolutions/frame rates.

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

That solution worked for me. I was about to return my G6. Thank you so much!
Tourist

SOS!!!

In no way i can enable Feiyutech G6 Shutter Button to work in Video Recording Mode.

I have tried 2 different Feiyutech G6 Gimbals and 2 GoPro Cameras 7 Black and 6 Black. Gopro 6 Black connects and works with both Feiyutech G6 Gimbals flawlessly. No problem at all.

Gopro 7 Black behaves in same manner with both different Feiyutech G6 Gimbals - it connects with no problems, i can switch Gopro 7 modes with side button - TimeLapse, Photo, Video, i even can take Photos with Shutter Button in both cases without problems, BUT i can't ENABLE SHUTTER BUTTON to start/stop Video Recording.

I have tried almost all versions of FeiyuON apps, have reuploaded firmwares to Gimbal and Gopro 7 Black ( all are the latest ones) - NOTHING HELPS.

The only thing is, that with latest FeiyuOn versions, when checked Keypad Firmware it always answers as Unknown and offers to upgrade to version 1.12. Upgrade process finishes successfully and everything starts from the beginning - Unknown version....

With FeiyuON version Fulllog V3.0.13 it shows correctly - The Latest version

Has anyone encountered this problem or has a clue what can i do more to solve it.

From my experiments it more looks that this is a particular problem of my GoPro 7 Black Camera and some fix is needed - firmware or hardware? 

Please HELP!!!

Explorer

Sell them both and get a Karma Grip. Problem solved.
Tourist

Why should i sell good thing with replacable batteries, providing the whole day of filming and excellent stabilization and take one hour working device?
It's not a solution , Sorry
Explorer

Karma Grip has the best stabilization, run time of about 2 hours (not one), can be attached to a portable power pack for longer duration of needed, can be mounted directly to GoPro mounts, and most importantly... You would have a stabilizer that actually works with your camera instead of two that don't.