10-01-2018 02:41 PM
Has anyone who has a Feiyu-tech G6 gimbal had any success connecting it via wifi? I set it to 2.4 and can connect it (according to the horrible Feiyu app) and the G6 shows the wifi logo, but the camera logo stays crossed out and I have no control of the shutter with the G6.
10-02-2018 03:49 AM
I have purchased my first Feiyutech G6 gimbal along with a Gopro Hero 7 Black. It still does not connect with wifi due to compatibility. Feiyutech needs to update the G6 firmware for this. The G6 gimbal works like a charm and the only negative side is controlling the gopro manually using the physical controls or app. Will wait until Feiyutech updates their firmware.
10-02-2018 04:13 AM
My GoPro 7 Black is working with all the controls on the Feiyu G6 but note:
- Inital wifi/linking failed with FeiyuON 3.0 and above on IOS 11.x and 12.x
- Changing any settings and saving also fails with above versions.
- Initial wifi/linking worked with IOS 10.x and FeiyuON 2.1.27
- Changing settings also works in this version (albeit a bit problematic at times).
- Changing settings works perfectly and fast with Android latest version and old samsung S3 phone.
So in summary, get a hold of android version or older IOS version if possible and it should link/work thereafter. Tip: If on IOS (or any device for that matter) put a stop to auto updates of apps and pick and choose to update only if the update adds some critical value or fixes somethign that was broken (if it aint broke don;t fix/update it) :)