Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ Edited ]

After trying this gimbal I would NOT recommend it to anybody having the GoPro Hero 7. Lots of connection problems will make it a nightmare to work. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. Stay away and buy a gimbal that work with this model. G6 does NOT.

Highlighted
Tourist

I had the same problem and solved. The camera symbol on Feiyu G6 gimbal display was crossed and I was not able to connect G6 with Hero7. Solution is very simple. When you trying to pair your gimbal G6 with your Hero7 in Feiyu On app, just pick Hero Pro 5-6 from the app list instead of H7. Bellow is complete way.

Turn Hero 7 on and activate Wireless Connection on
( H7 - proferences / connections / wireless connection / ON )

Then set Wi-Fi Band to 2,7 Hz on Hero 7. ( Feiyu G6 can not connect in 5 Hz mode which is default set on Hero 7 )
( Hero 7 - preferences / connections / Wi-Fi Band / set to 2,4 Hz )

Then enable Wi-Fi on your Hero 7
( Hero 7 - preferences / connections / connect device / GoPro App )

Turn gimbal Feiyu G6 on

Install Feiyu ON app to your smart device.

Open Feiyu On app in your smart device and select G6 gimbal from the list.
After that bellow you will find available Bluetooth connection with your gimbal G6 ( FY_G6_2Y ) and tap on it. Now is your G6 succesfuly connected with your Hero 7 via Bluetooth, but you can not operate your camera via butons on your gimbal yet.

Then in Feiyu ON app select connect camera via WiFi and pick GoPro from the list.
!!! Now select Hero 5/6 !!! instead of Hero 7.
After that you will see available Wi-Fi connection. Select your GoPro Wi-Fi and type password.

Your Feiyu G6 is now succesfuly connected with your Hero7 and you can operate your camera via butons on gimbal. For future connection will G6 pair with Hero 7 automaticaly in approx 60 seconds after turning on, without need to open app on your smart device.

Cheers, Jiri

Highlighted
Tourist

Dank je wel het is gelukt,nog wel even oefenen maar denk dat het wel goed komt.

Zal in de toekomst nog wel een upgrade voor de Hero 7 komen neem ik aan.

Nogmaals hartelijk dank groet Harm.

Highlighted
Sightseer

hi. Unfortunatelly i don't have any options to select another model of GoPro. I see only wifi name, not model of GoPro. What I have to do in that case?

Highlighted
Tourist

After step 6 you have to chooose "Connect camera" and then choose Hero5/6 (and not hero 7)

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, check 7 steps in Feiyu On app how to connect your Hero7 with Feiyu G6.

Step_1.jpg

Step_2.jpg

Step_3.jpg

Step_4.jpg

Step_5.jpgStep_6.jpg

Step_7.jpg

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

I am still not able to control my Hero 7. I made the setting step by step according to you, but the camera (on the G6 display) is still crossed. Do you have any other tips for solution?

Thanks for reply!

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi, did you manage to connect G6 with GoPro via Bluetooth and Wi-Fi?

Turn Hero 7 on and activate Wireless Connection on
( H7 - proferences / connections / wireless connection / ON )

Then set Wi-Fi Band to 2,4 Hz on Hero 7. ( Feiyu G6 can not connect in 5 Hz mode which is default set on Hero 7 )
( Hero 7 - preferences / connections / Wi-Fi Band / set to 2,4 Hz )

Then enable Wi-Fi on your Hero 7
( Hero 7 - preferences / connections / connect device / GoPro App )

Turn gimbal Feiyu G6 on

Install Feiyu ON app to your smart device.

Open Feiyu On app in your smart device and select G6 gimbal from the list.
After that bellow you will find available Bluetooth connection with your gimbal G6 ( FY_G6_2Y ) and tap on it. Now is your G6 succesfuly connected with your Hero 7 via Bluetooth, but you can not operate your camera via butons on your gimbal yet.

Then in Feiyu ON app select connect camera via WiFi and pick GoPro from the list.
!!! Now select Hero 5/6 !!! instead of Hero 7.
After that you will see available Wi-Fi connection. Select your GoPro Wi-Fi and type password.

Your Feiyu G6 is now succesfuly connected with your Hero7 and you can operate your camera via butons on gimbal. For future connection will G6 pair with Hero 7 automaticaly in approx 60 seconds after turning on, without need to open app on your smart device.