Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ New ]

Hi @greenridge84337

Please check if information is found when you check on the camera's menu: Connections > Camera Info

Have you tried switching the Wi-Fi band (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Connections> Wi-Fi Band

If all else fails, please contact our Support Team to isolate the issue further.

They are available via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number ready, let them know of the steps taken so far.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

maybe you should try the Feiyu dongle. Takes a bit over 2 weeks to get it.

I forgot, here's the firmware page (and Feiyu ON app link)

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, checked on camera info to get the password.

Changed to 2.4 because feiyu doesn't support 5ghz.

I'll get it touch with the support, thanks for the suggestion.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, that's probably what I'm going to do. Too bad Feiyu app doesn't work as it should.

Highlighted
Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi after too many hours of trying different things I have got My G6, H7 and s9+ plus al connected.

The bluetooth and wifi symbols in the display are not crossed out. However the camera symbol is.

I have full control of the g6 from the feiyu on app and I can see my gopro output and have full control of the H7 from gopro app.

When I push and hold the side button I get the message Camera no link.

I have turned every thing of and on. I have reset all connections and re connected.

Can somebody please help

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @gabriela43

It would help to contact the support team for Feiyu, only because we cannot provide any more troubleshooting steps due to the G6 eing a third-party equipment. Others who might be using the same model might be able to help so please continue to watch out for their replies. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Feiyu app is garbage. Firmware update through app caused G6 to crash and unable to get OLED to turn on as it did prior to update. Unresponsive to any and all solutions posted by Feiyu online. Only thing G6 will do: When I hold down power button for about 10 seconds it becomes recognized through Bluetooth and the gimble motors turn on and balance camera. The second I release button it powers off and Bluetooth is lost. Attempted to do firmware update again like this but app won’t complete upgrade. Have attempted to contact Feiyu through app support and email without response. Feiyu G6 needs a USB adapter to allow firmware update through PC. The kicker is that USB adapter is only available in China and delivery is several weeks. Be wary of the G6 if you have a GoPro 6 or 7. I have both and neither would connect to G6 (reason for firmware update). Why Feiyu doesn’t include adapter is ridiculous. Think this gimble has so much potential but with this terrible app and firmware issues I am so frustrated. With the price of the gimbal it shouldn’t have so many technical issues. I have the Karma grip which has no issues and never has. I wanted a gimble with a longer battery life. Do your homework before going with this product. Unfortunately, I didn’t do enough myself and have subsequently found many similar stories. The USB adapter may be the answer for the update, but not to include with G6 and expect app to be sufficient is falsely optimistic. Until Feiyu ON app has a solid update, I would wait to buy the G6 and expect it to work with your GoPro 6 or 7.
Tourist

[ New ]

hi all ! 

just get my G6 yesterday and after severals attempts, it did connect via wifi to the GP7 . 
But i still got the camera icon crossed...

does someone know how to solve it ?