Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

It's all good now, upgraded the firmware and it worked. How do you mantle the GoPro so you can charge from G6? If I do it upside down it blocks the power button.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

You must make one sacrafice or the other. Block the mode/power button (and use voice control or app wifi to power on) or block the USB ports. However, in either case you do not need to turn it upside down (instead you can flip the gimbal head over 180 degrees - in other words the G6 logo on the tilt axis motor will either be left side with usb blocked and camera lens in the middle or right side with mode button blocked and the camera lens offset to the left).

Highlighted
Tourist

So I Feiyu Tech sent me the rolled back Feiyu On app and I jumped through the hoops of installing it on an iPhone (what a mission). The good news is I can now connect the G6 with the H7. I have observed inconsistent response from the record button so I thought I would update the Firmware. Tried doing this through the app and it always comes up with a “query timed out” error. So how do I update the firmware?
Highlighted
Tourist

First you need to download the Feiyu On app, then connect it to the gimbal via WiFi, then update firmware on the app top right hand side. It takes few minutes to update. Hope that helps
Highlighted
GoPro

Thanks for sharing @samk86,

Appreciate it. 

-jay

Highlighted
Sightseer

martins13633 I cannot get mine to link up. It keeps giving me an error message about the keyboard. When I try and update that from the app it just states "checking version". Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!

Highlighted
Tourist

You migh need a G6 firmware upgrade...

Since few people have the USB dongle you must upgrade using Feiyu ON app. Get the latest version.

1. Disconnect the camera, better take camera's battery off to make sure there is no connection.

2. Keep the side button pressed while you turn the gimbal on. You'll see "Gimbal updating" (somethin' of that nature)

3. Start Feiyu ON app and connect.. Go to firmware update.

4. Do the keyboad upgrade. When is done, reboot the gimbal

6. Again, keeping the side button pressed power on the gimbal (Gimbal upgrade msg again)

6. Do gimbal upgrade. Reboot.

If gimbal screen goes blank during the upgrade is ok - you'll see the progress on you Feiyu app.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I've been working all day on this problem - The smartphone is a Samsing Galaxy S9+, the Hero 7 is up to date, the G6 is up to date and the Hero 7 is set to 2.4 GHz.

The Feiyu On App connects to the gimbal fine but the Gopro App keeps disconnecting from the camera. When I reconnect the camera says it's connected but there's no vdeo feed visible and if I tap the camera icon again it tries to reconnect and then says "somethng went wrong" etc.

Earlier in the day the Gopro app stayed in contact with the camera long enough for me to attempt to get Feiyu On to connect to the camera but it asked for a wifi password - I tried the default "goprohero" but the attempts to connect just timed out. I've done resets galore.

Anyone any ideas?