Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ New ]

Has anyone who has a Feiyu-tech G6 gimbal had any success connecting it via wifi? I set it to 2.4 and can connect it (according to the horrible Feiyu app) and the G6 shows the wifi logo, but the camera logo stays crossed out and I have no control of the shutter with the G6.

Anonymous

Re: Hero 7 with Feiyu Tech G6

[ New ]

I have purchased my first Feiyutech G6 gimbal along with a Gopro Hero 7 Black. It still does not connect with wifi due to compatibility. Feiyutech needs to update the G6 firmware for this. The G6 gimbal works like a charm and the only negative side is controlling the gopro manually using the physical controls or app. Will wait until Feiyutech updates their firmware.

Hiker

[ New ]

My GoPro 7 Black is working with all the controls on the Feiyu G6 but note:

- Inital wifi/linking failed with FeiyuON 3.0 and above on IOS 11.x and 12.x

- Changing any settings and saving also fails with above versions.

- Initial wifi/linking worked with IOS 10.x and FeiyuON 2.1.27

- Changing settings also works in this version (albeit a bit problematic at times).

- Changing settings works perfectly and fast with Android latest version and old samsung S3 phone.

So in summary, get a hold of android version or older IOS version if possible and it should link/work thereafter. Tip: If on IOS (or any device for that matter) put a stop to auto updates of apps and pick and choose to update only if the update adds some critical value or fixes somethign that was broken (if it aint broke don;t fix/update it) :)

Hiker

[ New ]

I have the same problem. Can’t connect my G6 to H7. Also, can’t connect my SPG to iPhone X. I think I’ll sell my Feiyutechs and buy Karma grip instead.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Looks like Feiyu Tech just updated their app (iOS) and it fixed it for me. Had to enter my wifi password 4 times but it ended up connecting and I was able to use all features of the G6.

GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to know that it's now working. @browntj.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I did have the same problem, with de G6 and H6, just did a firmware update, now i am testing.
Tourist

[ New ]
Indeed after all updates and multiple attempts, my g6 kicked in and works flawlessly with my Hero 7 Black.
Tourist

[ New ]

Can you advise how do you connect Hero7 to G6 for continuous charge?

Hiker

[ New ]

Via the USB-Micro to USB-C small cable that come swith the G6 (GP7 USB-C Port and USB-Micro port on gimbal mount back plate.

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you, so the cable is supplied. Is it best to use gimble only stabilisation, or to have in camera stabilisation enabled too. 

Hiker

[ New ]

There is no best. Hopefully GoPro update or fix Hypersmooth to work better for panning motion and left/right turns instead of just fast action and stright line filming.

Gimbal by itself it great buy often you still have micro jitter. Gimbal + Hypersmooth = buttery smooth and leveled footage (no micro jitter) BUT you can not pan or turn at all without awful stutters casued by the Hypoersmooth function (this happens even without a gimbal in Hypersmooth too).

So essentially, for walking speed and handheld turning speed (with or without gimbal) - in a line is great (Hypersmooth ON) - Turning around is not great.

Anonymous

[ New ]

Can someone who has successfully connected the G6 to the H7 please do a step by step? I have updated all firmware and tried to connect the two for hours without success.

Hiker

[ New ]
I can't help you but I got this messagw when I asked about this issue from Feiyutech support:

"Sorry to tell you that our R&D department not yet testing G6 with GoPro Hero 7, they will testing when they receiving the GoPro Hero 7, please wait some time."

Could someone from Gopro send them one Hero 7 to do the tests? :D
Tourist

[ New ]
Old news tuquoque - I followed Feiyu instructions for connecting a g6 to a GoPro and it now works perfectly with my hero 7 black.
Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Hiker

[ New ]

I’m happy for you.

Anonymous

[ New ]
I have watched the video and followed the instructions as close as I could. Once you select “connect device” on the GoPro 7 you are forced to choose the GoPro App, Remo (Voice Remote), Smart Remote or Bluetooth Device. What do you select here to connect to the G6? I have tried them all. Then when I open the Feiyu On App it doesn’t look the same as the video. I have a selectable button that says “connecting the camera” with a wifi symbol next to it. I select this and it always returns a message saying “Querying the current keyboard version failed, please try again”. I have updated the firmware of the gimbal however if I try and update the “keyboard” firmware it justs gets stuck on “Checking Version”. Any help would be appreciated. Using iPhone 8, IOS 12.
Hiker

[ New ]
The video above is for older version, it still works as it should. I assume you have the newer 3.02 installed? That version does not work with Hero7. They are sharing a downgrade in their own Facebook group. You'll find find by searching "Feiyutech support". They provide downgrade for both, iOS and Android. When you get in to the group, look for announcements and you'll find a post by Becky, the group admin.
Anonymous

I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record b...

[ New ]
I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record button is not working with it? I press but recording doesn't start on GoPro? Does anyone know why?

Thanks,
Sam
GoPro

Re: I managed to connect G6 to Hero 7 black, but the record b...

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Is there any error message on the camera or is there any beeps?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

-Jay 

Anonymous

[ New ]
No action on GoPro, maybe I need to update the G6 firmware?

Anonymous

[ New ]
No action on GoPro, maybe I need to update the G6 firmware?
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, you need to update g6 to get it connected to GoPro 7. Once I did that and followed the youtube guide in connecting them, finally worked for me.
Anonymous

[ New ]
It's all good now, upgraded the firmware and it worked. How do you mantle the GoPro so you can charge from G6? If I do it upside down it blocks the power button.
Hiker

[ New ]

You must make one sacrafice or the other. Block the mode/power button (and use voice control or app wifi to power on) or block the USB ports. However, in either case you do not need to turn it upside down (instead you can flip the gimbal head over 180 degrees - in other words the G6 logo on the tilt axis motor will either be left side with usb blocked and camera lens in the middle or right side with mode button blocked and the camera lens offset to the left).

Anonymous

[ New ]
So I Feiyu Tech sent me the rolled back Feiyu On app and I jumped through the hoops of installing it on an iPhone (what a mission). The good news is I can now connect the G6 with the H7. I have observed inconsistent response from the record button so I thought I would update the Firmware. Tried doing this through the app and it always comes up with a “query timed out” error. So how do I update the firmware?
Anonymous

[ New ]
First you need to download the Feiyu On app, then connect it to the gimbal via WiFi, then update firmware on the app top right hand side. It takes few minutes to update. Hope that helps
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @Anonymous,

Appreciate it. 

-jay

Sightseer

[ New ]

martins13633 I cannot get mine to link up. It keeps giving me an error message about the keyboard. When I try and update that from the app it just states "checking version". Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated!!

Tourist

[ New ]

You migh need a G6 firmware upgrade...

Since few people have the USB dongle you must upgrade using Feiyu ON app. Get the latest version.

1. Disconnect the camera, better take camera's battery off to make sure there is no connection.

2. Keep the side button pressed while you turn the gimbal on. You'll see "Gimbal updating" (somethin' of that nature)

3. Start Feiyu ON app and connect.. Go to firmware update.

4. Do the keyboad upgrade. When is done, reboot the gimbal

6. Again, keeping the side button pressed power on the gimbal (Gimbal upgrade msg again)

6. Do gimbal upgrade. Reboot.

If gimbal screen goes blank during the upgrade is ok - you'll see the progress on you Feiyu app.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've been working all day on this problem - The smartphone is a Samsing Galaxy S9+, the Hero 7 is up to date, the G6 is up to date and the Hero 7 is set to 2.4 GHz.

The Feiyu On App connects to the gimbal fine but the Gopro App keeps disconnecting from the camera. When I reconnect the camera says it's connected but there's no vdeo feed visible and if I tap the camera icon again it tries to reconnect and then says "somethng went wrong" etc.

Earlier in the day the Gopro app stayed in contact with the camera long enough for me to attempt to get Feiyu On to connect to the camera but it asked for a wifi password - I tried the default "goprohero" but the attempts to connect just timed out. I've done resets galore.

Anyone any ideas?

Tourist

[ New ]
  • https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Pair-the-Camera-with-the-GoPro-App
  • Power on your camera.
  • Open the utility drawer by swiping from the top to the bottom of the touch display, then select "Preferences."
  • Select "Connections" and then tap on "Connect Device."
  • Tap on "GoPro App" to put your camera in pairing mode.
  • At this point, you can tap on the "i" icon in the top right corner to see your WiFi name and password.

I forgot to mention, make sure the GoPro WiFi is set to 2.4Ghz

Tourist

[ New ]
When I try to connect I've take a message wifi connection time out
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vagoulas

Have you tried gone through the suggested steps listed above?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for your answer,finally it's connected,I tried a lot of times with my Samsung s8 and I take the wifi time out message and I tried with ipad and it works
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know @vagoulas

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I'm still trying to get this to work.

I'm using the iOS app on iPhone 6 with iOS 12.1

When trying to update Gimbal Firmware it says I have the latest version.

On the Keyboard Firmware, it says I'm using v.1.1.0 and the latest version is v.1.10. I proceed to update following the steps suggested by@petred16. Update goes well, but I still see v.1.1.0 and I can update again.

And when I try to connect Hero7 Black, I go through all steps, successfully connect to wifi then I see the Select WiFi screen again. No matter how many times I do this, I still get back to this screen.

Gopro has the latest firmware installed.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenridge84337

Kindly test if you are able to pair the camera with a different mobile phone.

If it's still the same, please reset the Wi-Fi settings of the camera then proceed with the pairing process again.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, tired on two phones, also did a wifi reset. Still gets back to that screen each time. Says wifi connection succeeded, then goes back,

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @greenridge84337

Please check if information is found when you check on the camera's menu: Connections > Camera Info

Have you tried switching the Wi-Fi band (2.4GHz or 5GHz)? Connections> Wi-Fi Band

If all else fails, please contact our Support Team to isolate the issue further.

They are available via phone or chat. 

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Please have your camera's serial number ready, let them know of the steps taken so far.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

maybe you should try the Feiyu dongle. Takes a bit over 2 weeks to get it.

I forgot, here's the firmware page (and Feiyu ON app link)

Tourist

[ New ]

Yep, checked on camera info to get the password.

Changed to 2.4 because feiyu doesn't support 5ghz.

I'll get it touch with the support, thanks for the suggestion.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes, that's probably what I'm going to do. Too bad Feiyu app doesn't work as it should.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi after too many hours of trying different things I have got My G6, H7 and s9+ plus al connected.

The bluetooth and wifi symbols in the display are not crossed out. However the camera symbol is.

I have full control of the g6 from the feiyu on app and I can see my gopro output and have full control of the H7 from gopro app.

When I push and hold the side button I get the message Camera no link.

I have turned every thing of and on. I have reset all connections and re connected.

Can somebody please help

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @gabriela43

It would help to contact the support team for Feiyu, only because we cannot provide any more troubleshooting steps due to the G6 eing a third-party equipment. Others who might be using the same model might be able to help so please continue to watch out for their replies. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Feiyu app is garbage. Firmware update through app caused G6 to crash and unable to get OLED to turn on as it did prior to update. Unresponsive to any and all solutions posted by Feiyu online. Only thing G6 will do: When I hold down power button for about 10 seconds it becomes recognized through Bluetooth and the gimble motors turn on and balance camera. The second I release button it powers off and Bluetooth is lost. Attempted to do firmware update again like this but app won’t complete upgrade. Have attempted to contact Feiyu through app support and email without response. Feiyu G6 needs a USB adapter to allow firmware update through PC. The kicker is that USB adapter is only available in China and delivery is several weeks. Be wary of the G6 if you have a GoPro 6 or 7. I have both and neither would connect to G6 (reason for firmware update). Why Feiyu doesn’t include adapter is ridiculous. Think this gimble has so much potential but with this terrible app and firmware issues I am so frustrated. With the price of the gimbal it shouldn’t have so many technical issues. I have the Karma grip which has no issues and never has. I wanted a gimble with a longer battery life. Do your homework before going with this product. Unfortunately, I didn’t do enough myself and have subsequently found many similar stories. The USB adapter may be the answer for the update, but not to include with G6 and expect app to be sufficient is falsely optimistic. Until Feiyu ON app has a solid update, I would wait to buy the G6 and expect it to work with your GoPro 6 or 7.
Tourist

[ New ]

hi all ! 

just get my G6 yesterday and after severals attempts, it did connect via wifi to the GP7 . 
But i still got the camera icon crossed...

does someone know how to solve it ? 

Tourist

[ New ]

now that the feiyu on app is connected , i got the bluetooth and wifi symbols uncrossed... but still no camera link.

When i go to the gopro app / add new bluetooth device , i see the feiyu signal but it can't connect with tellin me i need to put it in pairing mode....   boring

Sightseer

[ New ]
For anyone still having trouble, get hold of an android phone to connect up your camera to the gimbal. Afterwards it should remain connected regardless of what phone you use.

Thank you swifthero28110 for your input. His comment should be stickied.