Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 white reboot loop

[ New ]

Hero 7 has always been glitchy, shutting off and rebooting from time to time, now it is in a reboot loop when plugged into power.  Holding power button for 8 seconds does nothing.  I downloaded the manual update to the SD card with no luck.  Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 white reboot loop

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @nimblestok0008. When you uploaded the update files, did the camera prompted for any update getting installed? Did you get a check mark indicating that it was successfully installed? I have a few suggestions here that might help:

• Format the SD card on your computer and place the UPDATE folder again onto the SD card.
    • Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Be sure to place the entire UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card. 

• Try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds.

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Let them know about the steps already taken.

Your time and patience throughout the process are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @nimblestok0008

What SD card are you using?

Does the same happen when the camera is turned on without the SD card?

Make sure that you are using a recommended SD card.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs    

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

In an attempt to fix glitch I purchased a new Sandisk extreme SD card that was listed on the go pro website.  I have uploaded the update files onto that and installed in the gopro.  I have hooked back up to power and gopro remains stuck in reboot loop.  Any suggestions on what to do next?

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the update, @nimblestok0008. When you uploaded the update files, did the camera prompted for any update getting installed? Did you get a check mark indicating that it was successfully installed? I have a few suggestions here that might help:

• Format the SD card on your computer and place the UPDATE folder again onto the SD card.
    • Make sure the UPDATE folder is unzipped/extracted, before placing it on the SD card. If the folder is compressed, the camera will not be able to read it; 

• Ensure the UPDATE folder does not have any additional characters in the folder title, i.e. "UPDATE (1)". The camera will only recognize a folder titled "UPDATE", in upper case letters with no additional characters; 

• Be sure to place the entire UPDATE folder on the root level of the SD card. 

• Try to reset the camera by holding the MODE button at the side of the camera for 10 seconds.

If the issue persists, our Support team will be able to assist you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. Let them know about the steps already taken.

Your time and patience throughout the process are very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Ann