Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 7 white battery discharging when off

[ New ]

Hi everyone just a quick one, I started using my hero 7 white last week and have noticed something strange going on and it’s bugging me!

The battery seems to discharge around 15-20% every 24 hours when turned off, I have turned off quick capture, updated the camera to the latest firmware, tried master resetting it and even removed the sd card after powering it down and it still discharges, It would not bother me if the battery was actually removable! I find it really annoying as it’s another device I have to charge up weekly and the battery is surely going to wear faster as it completed kills it when left. Can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 white battery discharging when off

[ New ]

Hi @rapidrange00428,

Typically, battery discharging can be caused by noisy non-GoPro chargers. Using our USB-C cable will prevent this. 

In addition to this, it is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

Should you still get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat

Kind Regards,

Ann

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 white battery discharging when off

[ New ]

Hi @rapidrange00428,

Typically, battery discharging can be caused by noisy non-GoPro chargers. Using our USB-C cable will prevent this. 

In addition to this, it is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras 

Should you still get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat

Kind Regards,

Ann