Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Hero 7 tech is frustrating and poorly engineered

[ New ]
I got new Hero 7 for Christmas. Battery life is unbelievably bad. I now have 3 batteries just to get small video segments. Must be constantly changed. Once turned on they go immediately to 80% and quickly drain from there. The app connection to iPhone X makes it seem like the developers are toddlers. The app will not connect and will not pull in content as described. Connectivity issues constantly occurring. You have to delete the phone and then reconnect. I guess being the only portable device on the market has its benefits. I think this tech is some of the worst I have ever worked with. For $500 you really should find software that works at a high level. I could not be more disappointed and should have paid attention to the bad reviews before my purchase. Too late. Buyer beware.
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 tech is frustrating and poorly engineered

[ New ]

Hello @stouttree63516.  It is important to determine battery integrity to make sure that your camera works smoothly. You may perform a short record time test through the instructions here . Should you get a runtime that is significantly shorter than the expected battery life, despite you using a recommended SD card from this list, and the camera being updated to the latest firmware, let our Support team know. This way, they can help you with the next steps. You may reach them by phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

As for the connectivity issue, there are steps-to-fix here https://gopro.com/help/articles/solutions_troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin... that can be performed. Feel free to post back for any other concerns or questions. 

Adventurer

Re: Hero 7 tech is frustrating and poorly engineered

[ New ]

that is a gopro for you  all that  extra stuff added uses power.