Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 - some videos won't sync to app

[ New ]

Hi there - I have been having consistent issues with my videos not syncing to the GoPro app - I have done the usual - delete and reinstall the app / make sure my updates are all done etc. Sometimes they sync and then other days I will take footage and frustratingly the videos are visible to watch back on my actual camera but will not sync with the app. When I connect the camera to my laptop I can see all videos but when I just insert my SD card into my laptop - the problem videos are not there. So it would suggest it's an SD card issue but I bought the one supposedly compatiable with GoPro (Extreme SD). My camera and SD card were brand new last year. Any advice?

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 - some videos won't sync to app

[ New ]

Hello, @boldjump77502. Which SD card are you using? The brand, type, and capacity information will be helpful. 

As described, the issue is not only observed in the app but with a different device as well. Does it matter which resolution setting was used? Do the inaccessible files have the same resolution settings? 

We'd always like to isolate factors that may be the cause of the trouble. If you haven't yet, perform a manual update following the steps under Manual Update here. This will get rid of any possible issues with the current installation. It is also important that the card is formatted prior to the update process. 

Once these steps are completed, your camera should pair with the GoPro App as normal. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for replying - its a SanDisk Extreme 128GB. Bought with the GoPro last year. 

I have never changed the resolution settings so i'd be surprised if it was that. In fact, a few months ago I had the issue, then two weeks ago i used it and the videos downloaded fully, then yesterday i used it again (still no changes to any settings) and the videos won't feed through. 

What do you mean 'important that the card is formatted'?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there - I have just done all of the updates you suggested and the videos are still not pulling through to the app 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @boldjump77502

What are the settings used in these videos? Does the same happen with photos or other modes?

What phone are you using?

If you have access to another phone, try transferring the same files.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi there - it is the same problem with photos and videos. I have never changed the settings and they are:

Res/FPS - 1440/60
Fov - wide
Low light - auto
Stablilzation - auto
Protune - off

I haven’t tried it on another phone (I have an iPhone 8 with the latest GoPro app) but I don’t think this is relevant because it must be something to do with the SD card as when I put this in my laptop some of the videos do not show up whereas when I connect the actual GoPro device to my laptop the missing videos appear.

Any suggestions? Is this a common issue between SD card and GoPro?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @boldjump77502

This is odd.

It would be best to test another SD card to isolate the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej