Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 shooting in 4k 60 and it plays like slow motion on my computer

[ New ]
I shot some footage with the hero 7 and I shot it in 4k 60 wide. I plays fine when I look back on the footage in the gopro playback but if I take the sd card out and hook it to my computer it plays like 120fps or 240 fps. I have a hvec app on my computer it's a lenovo y70.
Backpacker

Re: Hero 7 shooting in 4k 60 and it plays like slow motion on my computer

[ New ]

So some media players don't know if you wanted to record a slow motion clip or a normal motion clip with a high frame rate.

Consider a normal 5 second video is shot  30FPS.  When you play it back it will be 5 seconds long.

When you shoot at 60FPS this is doubling the frame rate.  If you play back the 5 second clip you recorded it will take 10 seconds to play back as you shot it at double the frame rate.  So If you shoot 5 seconds @ 30FPS it takes 5 seconds to play back.  If you shoot 5 seconds at 60FPS it will take 10 seconds to play back.  If you shoot 5 seconds at 120FPS it will take 20 seconds to play back (and so forth).

Usually media players will play back the files at normal speed with a high frame rate and to achieve slow motion you will simply reduce the playback speed.  However some media players will insist on playing back the files at 30FPS and as a result, this is giving you slow motion playback.

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 shooting in 4k 60 and it plays like slow motion on my computer

[ New ]
I'll try to do that but whenever I record in 1080p at 60 it plays fine.