Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 quick capture rec upside down if shake it (test it!!)

[ New ]

When I use the quick capture, often the body records upside down (exactly how the camera is actually positioned). This appen when I start quick capture during bicycle, run or walking(rotation display setting Auto). If you want to test it just shake it like a shaker to simulate the run or the bicycle and start quick capture.4 video on 10 are upside down when I filming in mountain bike.  Does it happen to you?

Ps. In the Hero 5 it doesn't happen.

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 quick capture rec upside down if shake it (test it!!)

[ New ]

Hello @francescom48. In your setup, do you recall if the Landscape Lock was Off, Up or Down? We tested with the Landscape Lock Off. Whether the camera was right-side up, or upside down, using the Quik Capture button resulted to a recording right-side up. What other settings did you have when you used your camera? Hope to hear back from you. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Hello @mariustanya , Landscape is set to Off, the others mode works. But when the Landscape is off and the Hero is upside down quick capture if I run, I go down the stairs or I'm in mtb and start recording with quick capture almost 50% of the time the video is upside down. You tried to shaker the cam and start through quick capture without stopping shaker until the registration beep.

GoPro

[ New ]

@francescom48 - Yes, we did shake the camera to simulate how it would be when on a bicycle. Were you able to check if it matters which program you use to view the footage? Do you also observe the upside down video playback on the camera? 

Hiker

[ New ]

In fact, it records upside down, in fact even the time timer is turned upside down, watch the attached video and understand what I mean.

https://we.tl/t-koW27uigR1

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for sharing @francescom48

Would it work with your setup if you change your camera's orientation to DOWN?

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

It works by blocking the orientation, but unlike the hero 5 the rotation is slower and less ractive in the Hero 7 probably this is the problem.

Adventurer

[ New ]

@francescom48   I just grabbed all three cameras of GoPro  Hero 5,6,7 non   did go upside down I was on default settings  but my res was 2.7K

All I can think of is the Gyro you are overloading it with that shake   and gopro gets confussed where the level mark is?   so the question is to the Mods , do you think he has a faulty camera with hardware?