Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 playing in jerky fashion

[ New ]

I just started using the camera by recording a cycling ride of 48 minutes. On playing it back, the video ran in a jerky fashion, stop for a couple of seconds, then continuously for a couple of seconds, then jerky again and so on. All settings are at factory-default. What am i doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 playing in jerky fashion

[ New ]

@edp032, do you experience the issue when playing back the video directly in the camera? Or does it only happen on your mobile device / computer?

Additionally, please make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@edp032, do you experience the issue when playing back the video directly in the camera? Or does it only happen on your mobile device / computer?

Additionally, please make sure that a recommended SD card is used for your camera. 

Reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can also help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the Manual Update instructions specified in this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Update-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394229

Tourist

[ New ]

This issue happens both from the camera and mobile phone/computer. The SD card is the same one that was imcluded with the GOPRO camera box, I'll try the firmware installation and let you know it it worked.