Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ Edited ]

@portcityjames wrote:
I don't think it was a quality issue that causes this inventory issue. The shortage coincides with the release of the Ulanzi frame that made the mic adapter a lot less cumbersome. Those things are selling very well and I think it led to gopro selling far more adapters then usual. I personally hadn't considered the adapter because of how cumbersome it was but that case makes it a lot more convenient. I ordered my case off ebay for $10 back in late February but It came from China and by the time I got it the adapters where sold out. I figured I wanted to make sure I had the frame in hand before I ordered the adapter. It shouldn't take this long for a reup though. GoPro with all its problems probably use a Just in time inventory process for these and got caught off guard. They are bot financially in a position to expend the money needed to expedite the manufacturing and delivery of these items as in the big scheme of things its probably was not a big enough seller to warrant the added expenditures. They are willing to deal with the customer dissatisfaction it seems as they don't think it will damage the brand enough to justify the extra cost. At least that is what I assume by their lack of comment. But again, I will look at how far some of the competitors have come when looking to upgrade in the future.

But we don't know what the problem is, do we? Ancient aliens could have abducted all of Gopro Engineers and Management capable of intelligent dialog and dropped them into the ocean for all we know. They need to talk to their customers! **bleep** it... Tell us what's going on!

This is not the first time this has happened. https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero5-Black-Mic-Adapter-Out-Of-Stock/td-p/63350

Highlighted
Nomad

I think GoPro was caught with their pants down. The Ulanzi Vlogging case caused sales of these things to explode probably way above their projections based on previous sales. Ramping up production is not an easy thing to do and not having complete control over the supply chain makes it hard to predict when they will get more. One component in the manufacturing process may not be readily available so until the supplier updates them they have no information to give. When your demand doubles, triples or more suddenly, unless these things where stockpiled somewhere then I doubt Gopro won't have anything to tell you. With the precarious nature of their finances, they probably weren't prepared to suddenly ramp up production. It is what it is.
Highlighted
Tourist

@portcityjames wrote:
I think GoPro was caught with their pants down. The Ulanzi Vlogging case caused sales of these things to explode probably way above their projections based on previous sales. Ramping up production is not an easy thing to do and not having complete control over the supply chain makes it hard to predict when they will get more. One component in the manufacturing process may not be readily available so until the supplier updates them they have no information to give. When your demand doubles, triples or more suddenly, unless these things where stockpiled somewhere then I doubt Gopro won't have anything to tell you. With the precarious nature of their finances, they probably weren't prepared to suddenly ramp up production. It is what it is.

I would like to believe that, but it's simply not the case. The adapter has gone out of stock repeatedly, and for extended periods of time, since it's introduction. Screwing up, even multiple times, is a fact of life. Stuff happens. But you have to communicate this to your customers. You have to tell them what happened, and what you are doing to fix it. You just can't ignore it. It alienates your customer base and virtually destroys all loyalty. Basic courtesy and Business 101 applies here. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Couldnt agree more about failure to communicate. They are back in stock at the moment but appear to be the same over priced under performing ludicrously oversized item that they always have been. So I won’t be buying one, I have a better solution now. 

Highlighted
Tourist

@vicz548 wrote:

Couldnt agree more about failure to communicate. They are back in stock at the moment but appear to be the same over priced under performing ludicrously oversized item that they always have been. So I won’t be buying one, I have a better solution now. 

They are not available on Gopro.com nor on Amazon.com... Wait, there is one for sale on Amazon for $179 by a scalper who should be hung by his privates like GoPro management... :-)

Highlighted
Nomad

But what can they say other than out of stock? No explanation they give will put them back instock and folks will find fault with any explanation. What exactly could they sayvthat would make you less irritated. Sorry but no company has long drawn out conversations about items being out of stock. It is what it is. Folks don't care about the reasons why. All they want to know is when will they get more. Until they can answer that question molks folks don't care. As long as they have the best producy they aren't going to get into long drawn out discussions. That takes time and time is money.
Highlighted
Hiker

If you can be arsed to go back and look at my first post which started this thread you can see how long it was before anyone from GoPro even agreed that they were out of stock. No-one from GoPro ever confirmed that they were not being redesigned or replaced, and no-one would ever say when they were likely to be back in stock even in their own online stores. You dont think they should do better than this?

Highlighted
Hiker

They have just recently come into stock in the U.K. GoPro store, still some there as of today.