Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

I don't think it was a quality issue that causes this inventory issue. The shortage coincides with the release of the Ulanzi frame that made the mic adapter a lot less cumbersome. Those things are selling very well and I think it led to gopro selling far more adapters then usual. I personally hadn't considered the adapter because of how cumbersome it was but that case makes it a lot more convenient. I ordered my case off ebay for $10 back in late February but It came from China and by the time I got it the adapters where sold out. I figured I wanted to make sure I had the frame in hand before I ordered the adapter. It shouldn't take this long for a reup though. GoPro with all its problems probably use a Just in time inventory process for these and got caught off guard. They are bot financially in a position to expend the money needed to expedite the manufacturing and delivery of these items as in the big scheme of things its probably was not a big enough seller to warrant the added expenditures. They are willing to deal with the customer dissatisfaction it seems as they don't think it will damage the brand enough to justify the extra cost. At least that is what I assume by their lack of comment. But again, I will look at how far some of the competitors have come when looking to upgrade in the future.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Elanzi case I agree may be the  reason that was what I was thinking after I wrote my say.  Anything in this World is possible.  so lets hope that is the case they just can not keep up with the demand..   the Case in hand is not the best nor the worst. I just find the Elanzi case   touch display area be a little better designed.  if asked.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Pues yo me he pillado los dedos porque me la compré la semana pasada y acabo de descubrir esto... total que me he gastado casi 400e en una cámara que no me sirve para lo que la quería. Gracias GoPro espero que lo solucionen rápido

Highlighted
Nomad

Back in stock. I actually ordered one from a different company Sunday but didn't know if they actually had them. Wanted to wait until I could confirm to share the info. But gopr has them right now also. It was actually cheaper for me from the other company because they didn't charge taxes. Get them while they last folks.
Highlighted
Tourist

Does anyone know how long the mic adaptor has been out of stock? This thread started 3 weeks ago but it appears that the inventroy shortage was going on for some time before that.

Interestingly GoPro will not comment on the following:

1. Why the adaptor is out of stock (i.e demand or technical problems)?
  2. When will it be in stock?
  3. Why the adaptor was not built into the camera?
  4. Why the adaptor is so bulky?
  5. Why their case does not accommodate the adaptor?
  6. Why the cost is way out of line with anything reasonable?
  7. Why they are unresponsive to reasonable questions?

A great product that is gaining a very bad reputation. Unfortunately their management does not understand that customers will be reason if they are honest and forthright with them. Stonewalling an issue does not make it go away.

Highlighted
Nomad

They are back in stock.
Highlighted
Adventurer

Qoing to ask  all the question and hope you know there is an issue with using  the Mic Adapter and the  Hero 7 black with external power, the video goes out of Synch. and also rephraine from using quick capture  causes no audio  at imes. 

are you aware of these two issues

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi there,

Today I contacted Gopro Italy since I am in Europe now, and the support assitant on the phone informed me the adaptor is out of production, they are not making it anymore and he didnt know if and when a new type would be available. 

So GOPRO, what is the solution for those who bought the camera for vlogging? (Hero 7 Black + accessories and external Rode mic)

Thanks