Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]
Y'all better order fast. They will be gone by tomorrow probably.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the heads up - I was able to order one from the gopro site - they say they are in stock and processed the order. Next hurdle is getting it shipped.

Hopefully will see it in a couple of days.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Also snagged one on GoPros site. Thank you for keeping us informed! Hope it shows up soon!
Tourist

[ New ]
Ordered 2. Thanks for the update!
Tourist

[ New ]

Out of stock on the Australian GoPro web site. I managed to find an Nflightcam kit from a pilot supply web site in Syd, shipped in 24 hours now in my hot hands! Smiley Happy thanks for the tip of looking for an Nflightcam

Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]
Tourist

[ New ]

Mic adaptor is in stock at gopro.com! I just ordered one!

Tourist

[ New ]

It is still out of stock. Urgently need one in Hong Kong.  Any suggestion? It is very inconvenient to find the necessary accessory is always out of order.

Hiker

[ New ]

Tried the GoPro site and they are still unavailable. Maybe they are made in China (that would be disappointing).

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi Amazon Australia are showing 14 in stock, I ordered on Monday and it arrived today

https://www.amazon.com.au

Adventurer

[ New ]

great do you like it?

Tourist

[ New ]

Stock just available now on Gopro website.  Just grap one finally. Based on previous experience, it will probably be out again in 24 hours, good luck! 

Hiker

[ New ]

Nope! Gone! And I check the site every day. I can't understand why some 3rd party doesn't make an adaptor. I would estimate that the price would be somewhere between 15 and 25 dollars.

@tonimariat88 wrote:

Stock just available now on Gopro website.  Just grap one finally. Based on previous experience, it will probably be out again in 24 hours, good luck! 

Tourist

[ New ]

because GoPro doesn't allow them to....they wont release the tech so third parties can create the adapter. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I just got an email from Amazon to tell me my GoPro Hero 7 mic adaptor is in and will be shipped. If you're still looking for one you might check Amazon. I should have mine in a few days.

Bob B.

Nomad

[ New ]
Now says delivery between June 10th and July 20th.
Tourist

[ New ]

I was lucky and was following this thread and managed to get one on the GoPro Site here. Shouldn't be this difficult. Oh Well... I have it. Now to try it out. :-)

Sightseer

[ New ]
Man, go pro has the most shiesty customer service and they sure no how to give you the run around. It's straight out of stock @gopro quit lyin and tell us why.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Due to the fact customer demand exceeds production capacity.  Math at work...

Hiker

[ New ]
Last night I dreamed that GoPro felt bad for all the customers that were trying to purchase the mike adapter, so they gave all their customers a 50% discount on the item for the massive inconvenience. What a great gesture on the part of GoPro.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Ha! Ya right. They wouldn't dare.
Nomad

[ New ]
Exactly! Folks keep asking why. I seriously doubt they aren't getting them out as fast as they can make them. I doubt if they are going to give an in depth explanation of what in the supply chain is causing the delay.
Hiker

[ New ]

Maybe the adapter is made in China (I hope not) and they are having trouble importing the unit. If they are made in China I would think the cost would be around 10 to 15 dollars. So, that would be a good money maker for GoPro.

Nomad

[ New ]
It's more than likely made in China.
Nomad

[ New ]
I checked. They are made in China. With this trade war going on these things will become harder and more expensive to get.
Hiker

[ New ]

Guess they should make them here. I am mystified by the cost of the device. It can't be any more than $20, parts and labor. 

Nomad

[ New ]
It woul probably cost lot moreto make here. That's ki fa why everything is made overseas.
Nomad

[ New ]
Ki fa= kinda
Sightseer

[ New ]

What a disappointment, how can GoPro create a camera (Hero 7 Black) that uses a special microphone adapter, which is no longer available.

You should send a camera software update to allow other USB-C adapters to work, or get the adapters back in stock.

All the money I have invested in a new Hero 7 black, is almost useless without the adapter.

GoPro shame on you  for this issue.

Adventurer

[ New ]

As we   wait for the New camera to pop out and they change  it all together you then be double disappointed.

Hiker

[ New ]

Wow, that would be a huge disappointment if that's what is about to happen. I still have a couple of weeks left with my new Hero 7 Black where I can sent it back and get a refund. Maybe I should do that now and just wait for the new Hero 8 or what ever they'll call it, With the DJI Osmo giving them competition that should be good for all of us. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Excellent points. I'm gonna take a 2nd look at the DJI Osmo.

Nomad

[ New ]
Check out thr pros and Cons video comparison video before jumping on thr Osmo. If you can wait, I'd see what 8bis going to have to compare. There ars some cons a lot of folks are overlooking with the Osmo. I was ready to switch until I saw some of the cons videos. Do your research. I'll wait for the 8 to decide if I will make a change.
Adventurer

[ New ]

If GoPro does that  changes hte adater, to fix  issues out there. they best be offering a  frer swap replacement to ALL

Hiker

[ New ]

DJI are just as bad. I can't get a mic adapter for that anywhere except directly from DJI but they want me to pay £13.65 shipping!!

GoPro need to get their act together, like others have said, they make it so you can't use a third party adapter but then don't provide enough stock for us to get one.

And as for the price......................!

Hiker

[ New ]

I'll take a wild guess that the adapter is made in China. Not a good idea for sure. Mine is suppose to arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to see this $50 mike adapter. Should I look for gold braided lines or something?

Tourist

[ New ]
Gopro Hero 7 is a great camera but the company failed to identify the pain point associated with external mic that many customers have. Not only, customers were surcharged $50 for external mic module but limiting supply to fabricate high demand placed customers on difficult situation. These cameras might be a source of sole income for many which makes it difficult to work without such essential component.
On the other hand, its a good opportunity for Sony and Canon to enter into the market of action cameras.
Hiker

[ New ]

FINALLY got my mic adapter Saturday. "Made in China" is stamped on the side. I really think this item could be made here in the  U.S. for that price or even less. 

Nomad

[ New ]
Nothing made in China being mass produced can be made here in America cheaper or even for the same price. Labor costs are why they are made there. If made here in America, to meet profit margins, the price would literally have to more than double.
Nomad

[ New ]
I seriously doubt they have limiting supply to create a fake demand. There is bo benefit to them to do this. The recent surge in demand has a direct correlation to when Ulanzi introduced a case that made this adapter far less obtrusive. Manufacturing schedules are done far in advance and are based on forecast. Prior to that case being released I had not seen this item go out of stock except for when the 7 was introduced. Keep in mind this is not an item most folks actually using it as an action camera are gonna use. You won't see a mic adapter on a surf bord or on a helmet mounted camera etc. Folks vlogging created a demand for this item which was not what these cameras where primarily designed for so the demand wasn't forecasted. They are now trying to play catch up and as these are made in China the factory making them may not be able to adjust their schedule as quickly to adapt to their surge in demand. My company I work for has orders for prodcut acheduled out as far as a year in advance but we order materials based on tha schedule months in advance a sudden up tick doesn't nean we can just make more on a dime. Again, we ordered what we needed months ago to produce what they said they would need on that scheduled date. We not trying to stockpile stuff for future orders. That takes up valuable space. Most consumers have no idea what actually goes into manufacturing products. The company making these for Gopro may not be able to get parts from another company because of supply chain issues. And no, Gopro is not going to ecplain this all to you and they probably don't know when they will get more. Supply logistics is not something they discuss with each person that asks and most folks won't understand it anyway.
Hiker

[ New ]

Nah, that's just mumbo jumbo "excuse" talk. If GoPro were really concerned by all the customers that want the expensive adapter, they would have put out a blurb "explaining" the screw up that they made. I say "screw up" because this is really what it was. No excuses allowed. I know where the buck stops...and it's not with me but with the folks at GoPro. AND with the DJI Osmo hot on their heels, they need to up their game!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm a big GoPro fan and owned a few of their cameras including my new Hero 7 Black. I want to see them do well. But I'm not interested in some song and dance routine that has been played before.

Nomad

[ New ]
All the explaining in the world won't bring it back in stock and you already said no excuses so you just justified any reason to say anything. No matter what they say folks won't be satisfied. At this point the only thing folks want to hear is "In Stock". If folks gonna buy DJI thet gonna do it. If a mic adapter is the deciding factoe then they gonna be disappointed because DJI doesn't have one available either so all they can do is apologize and keep it moving.
Sightseer

[ New ]

They've been back in stock again for at least a few hours today. I ordered one - fingers crossed that it actually comes - I'm 6 weeks out from a major trip and was starting to lose hope that I'd ever get one! Hope there is a big shipment in the warehouse.

Nomad

[ New ]
They will probably be sold out soon.
Tourist

[ New ]
I just grabbed one. It say free 2 day shipping (fingers crossed)
Tourist

[ New ]

It's now June 22nd, 2019 here in the United States and there is not a Mic Adapter to be found anywhere. I have made side trips to stores hoping they might have one in stock but to no avail. All online resources state that it is on backorder with an estimated shipping date sometime in July. I find that I have to agree with many of the responses to this post in that A.) the mic adapter is extremely overpriced for the technology that it is, B.) is really more technology than many of us need (we just want to plug in our small microphones) and C.)  GoPro should be more upfront with their customers in explaining either their supply or technical issues. I guess all I can do is find a waiting list, plop down a stupid amount of money, and hope that they figure this crap out. Love the camera but this is really putting a bad taste in my mouth for the company. 

Backpacker

[ New ]
You didn't look very hard, I just found 5 in stock just doing a single search. If you look for my other posts, you will see where. Do your research!
Nomad

[ New ]
They where in stock on the gopro website for almost 3 days. They just went out of stock yesterday. You couldn't have been truly looking very hard.
Hiker

[ New ]

@portcityjames wrote:
They where in stock on the gopro website for almost 3 days. They just went out of stock yesterday. You couldn't have been truly looking very hard.

I have a full time job, I can't be checking the site every single day. If they produced enough stock I should be able to find them any time anywhere