Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. The mic adapter is now available at https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html . 

Tourist

[ New ]

Sorry but the website still show "out of stock". i'm dreaming that Gopro is doing like Apple, cutting off that product to launch a better version of it. I guess every Gopro owner would agree that this adapter is acually not fit for the camera, almost bigger actually.

Hope to get some good news!

Nomad

[ New ]
Shows in stock for me.
Tourist

[ New ]
On the US website only, but I’m in Hong Kong 🇭🇰
Tourist

[ New ]

The GoPro 3.5mm Mic Adapter is currently back IN-STOCK on the USA website this morning 04/24/2019 @ 9:00AM CST

https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

In-stock.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Shows out of stock for me....   Bummer.

Tourist

[ New ]

I trailed around every camera and electronics shop in London looking for one of these, with no joy. One of the camera shop assistants offered to put me on the wait list for the next delivery and then was surprised to see I'd be customer number 28 on that back order list...

Can someone from GoPro give us a straight answer about what is going on here please? Has the product been cancelled? Is a replacement in the works? I'm pretty annoyed if after buying a Hero 7 all it's fit for is making silent movies...

Sightseer

[ New ]
Anyone had any updates from GoPro about stock replenishment in the past few days?
Sightseer

[ New ]
Also, as per GoPro's advice to use third party adapters in the meantime, where on earth are we supposed to find one thar works?!
Tourist

[ New ]

Just created an account to tell you all it's in stock on the UK site. Just grabbed myself one :D

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for that. I managed to grab one too. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Arghhh, I ordered one from XtremeINN in Spain as they said they had stock on the 22nd and it arrived here today in the UK

Tourist

[ New ]

Can't believe we can't get a mic adapter. A resounding and absolute fail on the part of GoPro. They design the product to require the adapter, and then don't provide it. Totally unbelievable. To make things worse, they are making no announcements as to when they will be back in stock. It's getting so bad scalpers are selling them for $170 U.S. on Amazon. I am in total disbelief. 

Gee, can I pay to be a member of the GoPro Plus account? Can I, Can I??? 

Tourist

[ New ]

Nope, not now... At least when Apple locks you into their ecosystem they actually provide a product and service.... Silence is not an effective way of communicating to your customers...

Tourist

[ New ]

@portcityjames wrote:
I don't think it was a quality issue that causes this inventory issue. The shortage coincides with the release of the Ulanzi frame that made the mic adapter a lot less cumbersome. Those things are selling very well and I think it led to gopro selling far more adapters then usual. I personally hadn't considered the adapter because of how cumbersome it was but that case makes it a lot more convenient. I ordered my case off ebay for $10 back in late February but It came from China and by the time I got it the adapters where sold out. I figured I wanted to make sure I had the frame in hand before I ordered the adapter. It shouldn't take this long for a reup though. GoPro with all its problems probably use a Just in time inventory process for these and got caught off guard. They are bot financially in a position to expend the money needed to expedite the manufacturing and delivery of these items as in the big scheme of things its probably was not a big enough seller to warrant the added expenditures. They are willing to deal with the customer dissatisfaction it seems as they don't think it will damage the brand enough to justify the extra cost. At least that is what I assume by their lack of comment. But again, I will look at how far some of the competitors have come when looking to upgrade in the future.

But we don't know what the problem is, do we? Ancient aliens could have abducted all of Gopro Engineers and Management capable of intelligent dialog and dropped them into the ocean for all we know. They need to talk to their customers! **bleep** it... Tell us what's going on!

This is not the first time this has happened. https://community.gopro.com/t5/Cameras/Hero5-Black-Mic-Adapter-Out-Of-Stock/td-p/63350

Nomad

[ New ]
I think GoPro was caught with their pants down. The Ulanzi Vlogging case caused sales of these things to explode probably way above their projections based on previous sales. Ramping up production is not an easy thing to do and not having complete control over the supply chain makes it hard to predict when they will get more. One component in the manufacturing process may not be readily available so until the supplier updates them they have no information to give. When your demand doubles, triples or more suddenly, unless these things where stockpiled somewhere then I doubt Gopro won't have anything to tell you. With the precarious nature of their finances, they probably weren't prepared to suddenly ramp up production. It is what it is.
Tourist

[ New ]

@portcityjames wrote:
I think GoPro was caught with their pants down. The Ulanzi Vlogging case caused sales of these things to explode probably way above their projections based on previous sales. Ramping up production is not an easy thing to do and not having complete control over the supply chain makes it hard to predict when they will get more. One component in the manufacturing process may not be readily available so until the supplier updates them they have no information to give. When your demand doubles, triples or more suddenly, unless these things where stockpiled somewhere then I doubt Gopro won't have anything to tell you. With the precarious nature of their finances, they probably weren't prepared to suddenly ramp up production. It is what it is.

I would like to believe that, but it's simply not the case. The adapter has gone out of stock repeatedly, and for extended periods of time, since it's introduction. Screwing up, even multiple times, is a fact of life. Stuff happens. But you have to communicate this to your customers. You have to tell them what happened, and what you are doing to fix it. You just can't ignore it. It alienates your customer base and virtually destroys all loyalty. Basic courtesy and Business 101 applies here. 

Hiker

[ New ]

Couldnt agree more about failure to communicate. They are back in stock at the moment but appear to be the same over priced under performing ludicrously oversized item that they always have been. So I won’t be buying one, I have a better solution now. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@vicz548 wrote:

Couldnt agree more about failure to communicate. They are back in stock at the moment but appear to be the same over priced under performing ludicrously oversized item that they always have been. So I won’t be buying one, I have a better solution now. 

They are not available on Gopro.com nor on Amazon.com... Wait, there is one for sale on Amazon for $179 by a scalper who should be hung by his privates like GoPro management... :-)

Nomad

[ New ]
But what can they say other than out of stock? No explanation they give will put them back instock and folks will find fault with any explanation. What exactly could they sayvthat would make you less irritated. Sorry but no company has long drawn out conversations about items being out of stock. It is what it is. Folks don't care about the reasons why. All they want to know is when will they get more. Until they can answer that question molks folks don't care. As long as they have the best producy they aren't going to get into long drawn out discussions. That takes time and time is money.
Hiker

[ New ]

If you can be arsed to go back and look at my first post which started this thread you can see how long it was before anyone from GoPro even agreed that they were out of stock. No-one from GoPro ever confirmed that they were not being redesigned or replaced, and no-one would ever say when they were likely to be back in stock even in their own online stores. You dont think they should do better than this?

Hiker

[ New ]
They have just recently come into stock in the U.K. GoPro store, still some there as of today.
Nomad

[ New ]
The average consumer isn't asking about a new design or if there is a replacement coming. Your speculation into future plans need to be answered? They are out of stock. Usually if an item isn't coming back into stock it would be removed from the website. They aren't going to waste time going back and forth with everyone speculating why the item is out of stock. Still on the website, that answers all your speculation of if it is being replaced etc. And again, because they don't manufacture these items, they may not know when they will have them back in their own website store or any other. Again, when dealing with supply chain etc. just because you sell it doesn't mean you make it. If there is a shortage of parts to make these and the manufacturer doesn't know when they will be able to deliver it, how can Gopro tell you when they will have it. The manufacturer probably makes different items for different companies and have their resources allocated based on all of their customers. They may not be able to adjust their schedule to accommodate Gopro's shortage. I work for a manufacturer so I know how things can get messed up and schedules from end users can get screwed up. But we can't take resources we already have allocated to one company to make up for a unforecasted surge at another. We will make every effort but there is no real way of knowing until the item goes into production. They can't tell you what they themselves don't know.
Hiker

[ New ]

I’d rather hear it from a GoPro rep...

Nomad

[ New ]
Well i guess your SOL! Gopro doesn't care enough to indulge you. So just sit and wait like everyone else. I have 3 on the way by the way though. They actually shoukd arrive today So me and my friends will have some filming to do while you wait to hear from GoPro. Good luck with that. Lol!
Tourist

[ New ]

@portcityjames wrote:
The average consumer isn't asking about a new design or if there is a replacement coming. Your speculation into future plans need to be answered? They are out of stock. Usually if an item isn't coming back into stock it would be removed from the website. They aren't going to waste time going back and forth with everyone speculating why the item is out of stock. Still on the website, that answers all your speculation of if it is being replaced etc. And again, because they don't manufacture these items, they may not know when they will have them back in their own website store or any other. Again, when dealing with supply chain etc. just because you sell it doesn't mean you make it. If there is a shortage of parts to make these and the manufacturer doesn't know when they will be able to deliver it, how can Gopro tell you when they will have it. The manufacturer probably makes different items for different companies and have their resources allocated based on all of their customers. They may not be able to adjust their schedule to accommodate Gopro's shortage. I work for a manufacturer so I know how things can get messed up and schedules from end users can get screwed up. But we can't take resources we already have allocated to one company to make up for a unforecasted surge at another. We will make every effort but there is no real way of knowing until the item goes into production. They can't tell you what they themselves don't know.

Are you kidding me? I worked in manufacturing all over the world with Blue Chip companies. If someone would have told IBM the reason they didn't have their equipment was because of supply chain problems they would have been dropped kicked out of the complex. This is not a one time glitch. This is a continuous systematic problem. And not just with the **bleep** Mic Adapters. Marketing is doing a lousy job and/or manufacturing/engineering has their head up the butts and can't design a reliable product that doesn't have to be reworked everytime it comes off the line. No friggin communication. 

Bottom line. If you continuously have problems providing a product you advertise, you need to kick ass and take names. I guarantee successfull companies do not have this problem over time.  This is a farce. And it's pissing everbody off. It appears GoPro has outgrown it's management. The excuses you make on their behalf is the swan song of every company that plummeted to eventual nonexistence. 

GoPro stock is down to $6 from a high of around $86.  Prima Facia evidence that they outgrew their talent. Nick Woodman himself says GoPro has taken on too much. They can't consistently meet demand with reliable product. 

There was a day when RIM (Blackberry) ruled the world. They made and delivered excellent products that were called "Crackberrys" they were so addicting. Where are they now?  Someone else made a better product, and got it in the customer's hands.

You can be the company apologist if you want, but the handwritting is on the wall. Not only is GoPro having problems, they are silent about what they are doing to fix it. A certain death knell if things aren't fixed. 

I wish them well, but it doesn't look good... Chow...

Tourist

[ New ]
^This. Every apologist (for any company) should read this. Twice.
Nomad

[ New ]
I'm not an apologist. I'm just telling you what it is. The consequences are of no concern to me. All of what he says may be true and he still won't hear from Gopro on the subject. The fact is theybare jus another company and if they go under another will tske their place. Im not making "apologies" as none are needed. The item is out of stock. Wait or don't. Explaining to you won't bring it back into stock. item was in stock without fail since last year until the new case hit the market and drove sales up. If you don't want to wait then move on to the next product. They will donwhat they do and until a better product comes out they will still be around. How many "gopro killers" have come and gone? Exactly! All this complaining etc about them not telling customers all the reasons behind a shortage is a waste of energy as at the end of the day the only thing that matters is "Add to cart" and just to be clear this is an item that is not something the majority of gopro owners actually care about. Probably why it is a low stocked item. It will take more then them being out of mic adapters and the small number of folks upset about that to kill Gopro. I bought my gopro last october and this item was never out of stock until the Ulanzi case hit the market. Once that craze ends it will go back to being a in stock item folks will complain is too expensive. Suddenly it's not so expensive and a must have item? Yeah well any REALIST that understands these companies come and go and YOU WILL SURVIVE AND JUST MOVE ON TO THE NEXT should read this 3 times. In the meantime, my three arrived Fedex yesterday. So the out of stock problem can't be that big of an issue. But no worries, I'll have a couple of them on ebay when I get back from vacation. Lol!
Tourist

[ New ]
I’m pretty sure you don’t know what the word “apologist” means.
Nomad

[ New ]
Actually I do. I'm not defending their actions. Im saying They don't care about folks whining probably because they don't even sell enough of these to merit a response. The small number of actual folks buying these is a small % of gopro owners. Im pretty sure you don't know what a Realist is though. The fact is you still won't get a response from gopro and you still can't find a better product to replace it with. That's real and they know it.
Sightseer

[ New ]

But it IS affecting the sales of the Hero 7B.  I know of several people that won't buy them just due to the mic adapter issue.  Me included.

Tourist

[ New ]

Pretty pissed this still isn't in stock. And it's terrible customer service to not address the concerns publicly. But they were never known for thei customer service and they don't seem keen on correcting this reputation. Bottom line, the ones interested in the mic on this forum are GoPro's potential biggest consumer influencers (as opposed to the dabblers and their sponsored pros/amateurs) and champions. They're not covering their bases here and riding on short term goals. Also, factor in the fact GoPro has been struggling (remember those drones?) and nearly went bankrupt in 2018, this doesn't bode well. I would bet they're running out of cash. GoPro has always been niche in my arsenal of tools for capturing video/audio. I made due without the adaptor for my last trip with other video/audio capturing devices. Not saying that's a solution for most but I would be concerned if I were GoPro by the idea that their devices are collecting dust.

Hiker

[ New ]

Back in stock on the UK site (as of 21:30) so grab one whilst you can.

Tourist

[ New ]

I will pay $150 for a new one. Anyone have one to sell?

@vicz548 wrote:

What’s going on with the Hero 7 mic adapter, it’s out of stock in your shop and at all resellers? When are supplies and/or an alternative product available? This is a major problem to those of us needing external audio support. 

Nomad

[ New ]
I have one left for sale.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks James, however, I just found one from another seller. Pricey, $135 but had to have it for a trip next week. Thanks anyways.

Nomad

[ New ]
No worries. I would have sold it for that price. I sold one for about that with shipping to Puerto Rico. The guy needed it by this Friday and I sent it Priority yesterday.
Backpacker

[ New ]

I've been telling people to check out motor sport shops and aviation shops if they want the GoPro Mic Adapter.  For instance Nflight sells their aviation headset adapter cables complete with the GoPro adapter for $119 via Amazon Prime (currently in stock).   You can then keep the GoPro Adapter and sell off the cables for about $30.  

Nomad

[ New ]
In for two. Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]

hey mate, do you still have one for sale??

Tourist

[ New ]
hey mate, do you still have one for sale??
Nomad

[ New ]
Sorry all gone.
Nomad

[ New ]
search on Amazon for this. $125 and you can have it by tomorrow. Nflightcam
4.0 out of 5 stars 38 Reviews
Nflightcam Audio Solution for GoPro Hero5, Hero6, and Hero7 Black
Tourist

[ New ]

When the hell is this thing gonna be back in stock???????

It's amazing how much of a lack these guys have with service.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Following thread...

This is ridiculous, I purchased the Hero7 and external mic for an upcoming vacation and now I can't find an adapter anywhere (other than the Nflight product option mentioned...but that's not the price I planned on paying).  So now I have a Hero7 with poor audio quality and a great external microphone that does absolutely nothing for me.

Any response from GoPro would be appreciated, how difficult would it be to let the public know what's going on?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. Sorry for the inconvenience. We are still waiting for the stocks to be replenished. We do not have information as to when. You may watch out for updates through https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-3/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html or on this thread. We will definitely let you know through this page once the item becomes available again. Thank you for your patience. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Months ago I waited to buy it because it was out of stock. I ordered it and was told it was out of stock again. It was not a problem because it was coming in before my summer vacation. I did have to modify a project for work - I had an external mic purchased to use, but no way to connect it. I then got another notice telling me it would now be in a week after my mid-june vacation. That did not make me happy. And now I got another email now telling me the end of June and I have to contact them to keep the order, more work for me.  I can understand weeks out of stock, or even a month but delay that is months long, especially without explanation, seems incompetent. It is no way to keep cutomer loyality. I will look more seriously at other brands when purchasing my next camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

A few nights ago I was on EBAY and and brand new GoPro Mic Adapter popped up for Buy It Now for $135. I gladly paid that much for it, and thankfully will have it for my trip to Aruba next week! I received it and it was brand new as advertised. I saw that the only other one on Ebay sold for over $200! If you want to pay $125 you can use this and sell the extra cable https://www.amazon.com/Nflightcam-Audio-Solution-GoPro-Hero5/dp/B01MT3Q50Y/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?keywords...

Nomad

[ New ]
Order the one from amazon and return it when you get back from vacation and the other one you ordered co es in. You have 30 days to return the item.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I checked this morning and it was still out of stock.  I checked again 25 minutes ago and it was back in stock.  I immediately ordered one and have received a confirmation email from GoPro.  Let’s hope it ships!