Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Nomad

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

The average consumer isn't asking about a new design or if there is a replacement coming. Your speculation into future plans need to be answered? They are out of stock. Usually if an item isn't coming back into stock it would be removed from the website. They aren't going to waste time going back and forth with everyone speculating why the item is out of stock. Still on the website, that answers all your speculation of if it is being replaced etc. And again, because they don't manufacture these items, they may not know when they will have them back in their own website store or any other. Again, when dealing with supply chain etc. just because you sell it doesn't mean you make it. If there is a shortage of parts to make these and the manufacturer doesn't know when they will be able to deliver it, how can Gopro tell you when they will have it. The manufacturer probably makes different items for different companies and have their resources allocated based on all of their customers. They may not be able to adjust their schedule to accommodate Gopro's shortage. I work for a manufacturer so I know how things can get messed up and schedules from end users can get screwed up. But we can't take resources we already have allocated to one company to make up for a unforecasted surge at another. We will make every effort but there is no real way of knowing until the item goes into production. They can't tell you what they themselves don't know.
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

I’d rather hear it from a GoPro rep...

Highlighted
Nomad

Well i guess your SOL! Gopro doesn't care enough to indulge you. So just sit and wait like everyone else. I have 3 on the way by the way though. They actually shoukd arrive today So me and my friends will have some filming to do while you wait to hear from GoPro. Good luck with that. Lol!
Highlighted
Tourist

@portcityjames wrote:
The average consumer isn't asking about a new design or if there is a replacement coming. Your speculation into future plans need to be answered? They are out of stock. Usually if an item isn't coming back into stock it would be removed from the website. They aren't going to waste time going back and forth with everyone speculating why the item is out of stock. Still on the website, that answers all your speculation of if it is being replaced etc. And again, because they don't manufacture these items, they may not know when they will have them back in their own website store or any other. Again, when dealing with supply chain etc. just because you sell it doesn't mean you make it. If there is a shortage of parts to make these and the manufacturer doesn't know when they will be able to deliver it, how can Gopro tell you when they will have it. The manufacturer probably makes different items for different companies and have their resources allocated based on all of their customers. They may not be able to adjust their schedule to accommodate Gopro's shortage. I work for a manufacturer so I know how things can get messed up and schedules from end users can get screwed up. But we can't take resources we already have allocated to one company to make up for a unforecasted surge at another. We will make every effort but there is no real way of knowing until the item goes into production. They can't tell you what they themselves don't know.

Are you kidding me? I worked in manufacturing all over the world with Blue Chip companies. If someone would have told IBM the reason they didn't have their equipment was because of supply chain problems they would have been dropped kicked out of the complex. This is not a one time glitch. This is a continuous systematic problem. And not just with the **bleep** Mic Adapters. Marketing is doing a lousy job and/or manufacturing/engineering has their head up the butts and can't design a reliable product that doesn't have to be reworked everytime it comes off the line. No friggin communication. 

Bottom line. If you continuously have problems providing a product you advertise, you need to kick ass and take names. I guarantee successfull companies do not have this problem over time.  This is a farce. And it's pissing everbody off. It appears GoPro has outgrown it's management. The excuses you make on their behalf is the swan song of every company that plummeted to eventual nonexistence. 

GoPro stock is down to $6 from a high of around $86.  Prima Facia evidence that they outgrew their talent. Nick Woodman himself says GoPro has taken on too much. They can't consistently meet demand with reliable product. 

There was a day when RIM (Blackberry) ruled the world. They made and delivered excellent products that were called "Crackberrys" they were so addicting. Where are they now?  Someone else made a better product, and got it in the customer's hands.

You can be the company apologist if you want, but the handwritting is on the wall. Not only is GoPro having problems, they are silent about what they are doing to fix it. A certain death knell if things aren't fixed. 

I wish them well, but it doesn't look good... Chow...

Highlighted
Tourist

^This. Every apologist (for any company) should read this. Twice.
Highlighted
Nomad

I'm not an apologist. I'm just telling you what it is. The consequences are of no concern to me. All of what he says may be true and he still won't hear from Gopro on the subject. The fact is theybare jus another company and if they go under another will tske their place. Im not making "apologies" as none are needed. The item is out of stock. Wait or don't. Explaining to you won't bring it back into stock. item was in stock without fail since last year until the new case hit the market and drove sales up. If you don't want to wait then move on to the next product. They will donwhat they do and until a better product comes out they will still be around. How many "gopro killers" have come and gone? Exactly! All this complaining etc about them not telling customers all the reasons behind a shortage is a waste of energy as at the end of the day the only thing that matters is "Add to cart" and just to be clear this is an item that is not something the majority of gopro owners actually care about. Probably why it is a low stocked item. It will take more then them being out of mic adapters and the small number of folks upset about that to kill Gopro. I bought my gopro last october and this item was never out of stock until the Ulanzi case hit the market. Once that craze ends it will go back to being a in stock item folks will complain is too expensive. Suddenly it's not so expensive and a must have item? Yeah well any REALIST that understands these companies come and go and YOU WILL SURVIVE AND JUST MOVE ON TO THE NEXT should read this 3 times. In the meantime, my three arrived Fedex yesterday. So the out of stock problem can't be that big of an issue. But no worries, I'll have a couple of them on ebay when I get back from vacation. Lol!
Highlighted
Tourist

I’m pretty sure you don’t know what the word “apologist” means.
Highlighted
Nomad

Actually I do. I'm not defending their actions. Im saying They don't care about folks whining probably because they don't even sell enough of these to merit a response. The small number of actual folks buying these is a small % of gopro owners. Im pretty sure you don't know what a Realist is though. The fact is you still won't get a response from gopro and you still can't find a better product to replace it with. That's real and they know it.