Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]
And it's gone. This is pathetic.
Explorer

[ New ]
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that people are buying these up in bulk to sell for profit. Every time this happens there are suddenly a bunch on ebay for 100+.

On the positive side, which, I know, does not help current GoPro owners looking for the Mic, the low stock may be indicative of GoPro ditching the ProMic with their upcoming cameras. Sept/Oct we should know, but hopefully the new cameras will have a standard mic, Bluetooth compatibility, or both.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Manufacturer's Delay... :(

Tourist

[ New ]

I hope along with hte release of their new cams, they plan on releasing a new firmware for we Hero 5/6/7 owners that releases us from being forced to use their impossible to find adapters.

Im already looking at other brands that dont have such rediculousness.

Explorer

[ New ]
It's more than just firmware. The pro Mic Adapter contains an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
Tourist

[ New ]

No dude, it is just firmware.  There are several adc/charging circuit units on the market that would work but the firmware on the camera is looking for a particular digital signature from the adapter to "allow" it to workwith the GoPro.  The requirement for that digital signature is built into the firmware as well as the signature itself.

Tourist

[ New ]

New  Hero 7 owner here.   I feel like I've been had. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree that the situation is unacceptable; an adapter shouldn't be required and if so it should be a readily available part.  With that said, I had to wait less than two weeks to get an adapter once I started looking and got it with free 2 day shipping and with 20% off, no mark-up.  There are plenty of places that will allow you to be put on their backorder list and, at least for the place I checked in with, they had more on order than their backorder list would exhaust.  Get on a couple of backorder lists, look around every few days, and they are out there floating around as they get distributed.