Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]

I called and spoke to a rep after your earlier post. Told me they were out.

Tourist

[ New ]
It seems they are listing it as "discontinued" on Ritz now as well... Places like Bestbuy list it like it is never coming back in stock too.
Nomad

[ New ]
Wow! I just got 3 in the mail from Clever Training that I Ordered back in April.
Tourist

[ New ]

@portcityjames wrote:
Wow! I just got 3 in the mail from Clever Training that I Ordered back in April.

I got mine from them on Friday. I guess we wiped them out of stock.

Nomad

[ New ]
I actually forgot about these 3. I need to check becuase I thought I cancelled this order because back then they couldn't tell me when they would be in stock.
Tourist

[ New ]

Currently in stock on the Gopro site.

Nomad

[ New ]
That didn't last long.
Tourist

[ New ]

@downhomefab wrote:

Currently in stock on the Gopro site.

Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
And it's gone. This is pathetic.
Explorer

[ New ]
Yeah, it's pretty obvious that people are buying these up in bulk to sell for profit. Every time this happens there are suddenly a bunch on ebay for 100+.

On the positive side, which, I know, does not help current GoPro owners looking for the Mic, the low stock may be indicative of GoPro ditching the ProMic with their upcoming cameras. Sept/Oct we should know, but hopefully the new cameras will have a standard mic, Bluetooth compatibility, or both.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Manufacturer's Delay... :(

Tourist

[ New ]

I hope along with hte release of their new cams, they plan on releasing a new firmware for we Hero 5/6/7 owners that releases us from being forced to use their impossible to find adapters.

Im already looking at other brands that dont have such rediculousness.

Explorer

[ New ]
It's more than just firmware. The pro Mic Adapter contains an ADC (Analog to Digital Converter).
Tourist

[ New ]

No dude, it is just firmware.  There are several adc/charging circuit units on the market that would work but the firmware on the camera is looking for a particular digital signature from the adapter to "allow" it to workwith the GoPro.  The requirement for that digital signature is built into the firmware as well as the signature itself.

Tourist

[ New ]

New  Hero 7 owner here.   I feel like I've been had. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I agree that the situation is unacceptable; an adapter shouldn't be required and if so it should be a readily available part.  With that said, I had to wait less than two weeks to get an adapter once I started looking and got it with free 2 day shipping and with 20% off, no mark-up.  There are plenty of places that will allow you to be put on their backorder list and, at least for the place I checked in with, they had more on order than their backorder list would exhaust.  Get on a couple of backorder lists, look around every few days, and they are out there floating around as they get distributed.

Tourist

[ New ]

where?

Sightseer

[ New ]
Guitar Center just got stocks in CA. Very limited, walk in only. Not available for online purchase. You have to call, pay over the phone to be held for pick up. Just got mine today.
Tourist

[ New ]

And I discovered there is an audio sync issue when you use the external  mic,  it has only been an issue since Oct.  

Sightseer

[ New ]

@gopro I've seen multiple Support Tickets/Threads in the GoPro Support Hub about this subject with 10s of comments from customers but zero replies from the GoPro support team on this subject. Simply from the view count, there are over 10,000.

Can we please get an update on this issue? 

Thank you for your time and help with this issue. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Here’s what they’ll say: High demand, Mfg can’t keep up, replenish every Thursday, Check on Friday, some coming in next month because restock was available Wednesday, sold out again, check your local 60 stores, bleh bleh.

I’m hoping they’re about to release a new GoPro that will defeat the DJI Action cam. But, they’re right about one thing: check your local stores consistently. They do get stocks in but only a handful. Guitar Center had 2 at a store kinda near me.
Tourist

[ New ]

This is a user forum so you won't find any GoPro peeps in here.

Nomad

[ New ]
A support person did chime in a while back I think but i doubt they will again unless their answer changes which I doubt it will. Basically manufacturing delays and they don't know when exactly inventory will catch up with demand.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Called this morning to inquire about the availability of the 3.5mm mic adapter for your hero 7 line of cameras. It has been out of stock for awhile. A lot of resellers are showing it as discontinued and pulled it from their website. You’ve made a piece of equipment requiring a proprietary accessory and not supplying it. You’re customer service department went as far to say the hero 7 has built in microphones and the adapter is not required for use. And can’t comment on availability or the discontinued status of a product. This is unacceptable.

If you call Woodwind and Brasswind they currently are showing some in the warehouse scheduled to ship on the 30th. They have pulled the item off their website and are showing it discontinued. You can only order if you call.

Explorer

[ New ]
It's been available several times on the GoPro website over the last couple of months. It just sells out very fast (most likely due to people buying multiple for resale on eBay).

Osmo Action is lacking in many features of the HERO7 Black (and doesn't have a mic adapter released), so in many ways HERO7 already "defeats" Osmo Action.
Nomad

[ New ]

Tourist

[ New ]

Amazon currently saying, "In stock on August 6, 2019."

I just pre-ordered mine for $49.99

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01L2CPPH2

Explorer

[ New ]
As I write this the Pro Mic is available on the GoPro website https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/accessories/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html
Adventurer

[ New ]

Imagine that  when the new Models Hit, and no longer needs, or still does but also takes a bluetooth, then waht.

In stock outof stock, what difference does this make, you get one, when it is in stock  sounds like a TAG YOUR IT.  (Smiles)

Sightseer

[ New ]

GoPro Accessories page has them in stock again. Ordered one last night

Tourist

[ New ]

There is no availibilty in the UK anywhere. I cant believe that a huge company like GoPro can allow this situation to continue. Must be costing them a fortune in lost sales. I was due to have a Hero 7 delivered today along with an external microphone but cancelled the order once I realised it was impossible to connect the microphone, I was not worried about the size of the adapter as it is what it is but I cant invest in £400 of kit that effectively is rendered not fit for purpose by this microphone issue. Either open up the firmware so other adapters can be used or enable bluetooth functionality. Happy for support to contact me if they can offer a solution otherwise I'll look elswehere. Osmo Action is due to have mic adapter soon although the lack of live streaming to Facebook is also still an issue!

Hiker

[ New ]

I ended up buying one of these instead, overall for me a better and more flexible solution...

Zoom H1n Link

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks looks like a good product although not much help when i want to do live facebook without to much fuss

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm in Atlanta, US.  I checked vasrious GoPro stores in the Americas, all sold out.  I went to the GB store and they do have them, US $ Conversion seems to be $60.72.  I got on a chat to confirm they had them, and they do.  I placed on in the chart but the checkout process wouldn't accept my Int'l address.  The girl on the chat said the shipping would be $60-$80 Int'l.  She also claimed US stock was available last week (early Aug.) and that she chatted with someone who claimed to had ordered and received the adaptor last week. I didn't bother bringing up I've been watching for updates for the past 3 months.
*** I tried to access the chat in the US but was told "busy, try again later"

I've heard there are after market alternatives but that none of them are very good.

Tourist

[ New ]

Don't spend that much on the adapter. That is way too much. Just keep searching the Internet for available stock as well as the GoPro accessory page. They pop in every two to three weeks with new inventory. It's frustrating but you will find one eventually. It's also not as bad as spending over $120 USD on a little box to plug in your microphone. 

PS - This is the only accessory that will let you use an external mic so don't try any of the third party crap because they won't work. It's GoPro adapter or nothing.

Adventurer

[ New ]

Atlanta Ga  did you go to a Bestbuy,  maybe they are   changing   the design. and keepingthings on a short leash....

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey fishycomics, no, I haven't chacked Bestbuy, Frys, or any equivalent yet, gonna do that this weekend.

I was just chatting with the US Chat and the guy checked on this and reported back that an "Intricate part needed by the supplier was unavailable" so there's no date as to when they'll have these back in stock.

Tourist

[ New ]

Rapiddawn88354 
I agree on the cost, plus, I've spent enough on aother accessories. I'll keep looking, thanks for the reply

Adventurer

[ New ]

the adapter is 59.99.  maybe Frys is better, you can call bestbuy, frys and they may be able to  have a pick up   I am sure you will get one  good luck.

Tourist

[ New ]

Has anyone heard any updates about the Mic Adapter, Aug 2019?   
10 days ago I saw the the Accessories page showed the adapter as being "In Stock" so I ordered one.  After a few days I contacted support who assured me that the restock "was in the warehouse."  A few more days and still hadn't heard anything so I contacted support again and was told "The package is being processed by the warehouse and we are just waiting for the tracking number to be generated by UPS"
4 days later and still nothing. If you know anything about UPS, assigning tracking numbers to ship is something they do very well, so not sure what's happening here. When I asked one more time, I got this reply (attached).  

I know this is a sore subject right now but if the adapter is not in the warehouse and we're being told it is, that's only gonna make people more steamed.  Does anyone know anything more about this?  I just want the adapter I paid for and I won't bother them anymore.

Screen Shot 2019-08-30 at 12.48.20 PM.png
Tourist

[ New ]

I understand that the Hero 8 will have a new superior built in mic. I only hope that GoPro lets us trade in our Hero 7 for the new 8. I waited the whole year for the audio adaptor. Missing out on dozens of shoots i wanted to use it for. It will be nice if GoPro lets loyal users trade up. Or get a discount if they send their Hero 7 in for an exchange. We shall see. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I bought my Black7 4 months ago to travel out West (US).  Been trying to get the adapter ever since.  A trade up would be a nice offer but I really wonder in an internal Mic can give the control of an external?

Nomad

[ New ]

The leaked pics showed a mic as part of a case I thought.

Nomad

[ New ]

The "leaked" photo's are interesting.  The GoPro Max 360 looks like an actual physical unit, but the pictures of the Hero 8?  They look like a CAD drawing of a proof of concept and not an actual photo.  So who knows how hold those "leaked" pictures are.  

Tourist

[ New ]

I dunno. Either way, Hero 7 buyers have waited in frustration all year trying to get the audio adapter. There is no 3rd party solution. I bought an external mic & a case that holds the gopro audio adapter...but they just sat there all year because i couldnt buy the gopro audio adaptor. Very frustrating. So wether the Hero 8 has a superior built in mic or a built in mic adaptor, i hope GoPro honors us loyal Hero 7 buyers who waited all year but werent able to purchase the audio adaptor. I hope they let us trade in or trade up for the new Hero 8. That would be the honorable thing to do.

Nomad

[ New ]

Or you could just go to different sites and try to purchase an audio adapter from there.  I've recommended sports car website and aviation websites in the past.  Usually plenty in stock there.

I'm sure GoPro will have a tradeup deal, $50 - $100 off a new GoPro camera when you trade in your old camera.

Tourist

[ New ]

Just following up on this.  I got the "your item shipped" message today.  And, according to UPS it's on the road for Friday delivery. 
In the past 3 months I've searched and contacted everyone I can think of. Various web sites would say they had the adapter in stock, some would even say they "checked the warehouse and we have it" but when I managed to get to the warehouse it was always "Out of Stock" . I tried aviation, performance car and boat shops, REI, Sporting goods, every camera shop I could find.  i even found a membership furniture warehouse in Kansas that assured me they had it in stock, until I got to the warehouse and found out they didn't have it.

I know the story is there's a chip or some tech part that the vendor couldn't get for assembling the adapter.  Whatever the issue, I hope GoPro can get this straightened out.

So for this weekend, there "SHOULD" be sound, we'll see.  Thanks for the feed back and suggestions!!

Adventurer

[ New ]

It is a Giant Secret with Gopro but not a secret on-line about the  new mic adapte. but since that is how they do business we must repsect them   Put the oldeer land latter camera out by not making adapters anymore.  I bet the same story will follow

the cameras can not be had but the adapters are,   oops. repeat story  adapters sold old they are 76.99

thoughts Out loud

Tourist

[ New ]

It's here.  After 4 months of searching, and finally catching it on the GoPro accessories page 2 weeks ago, this arrived today, 9/06/19.  
Not sure how long they will be in stock, I'm hoping GoPro ordered a huge quantity of these to replenish their own warehouse and the vendors.  Regardless, it's time to record!!

adapter.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Mine has finally been shipped.