Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ Edited ]

But it IS affecting the sales of the Hero 7B.  I know of several people that won't buy them just due to the mic adapter issue.  Me included.

Highlighted
Tourist

Pretty pissed this still isn't in stock. And it's terrible customer service to not address the concerns publicly. But they were never known for thei customer service and they don't seem keen on correcting this reputation. Bottom line, the ones interested in the mic on this forum are GoPro's potential biggest consumer influencers (as opposed to the dabblers and their sponsored pros/amateurs) and champions. They're not covering their bases here and riding on short term goals. Also, factor in the fact GoPro has been struggling (remember those drones?) and nearly went bankrupt in 2018, this doesn't bode well. I would bet they're running out of cash. GoPro has always been niche in my arsenal of tools for capturing video/audio. I made due without the adaptor for my last trip with other video/audio capturing devices. Not saying that's a solution for most but I would be concerned if I were GoPro by the idea that their devices are collecting dust.

Highlighted
Tourist

Back in stock on the UK site (as of 21:30) so grab one whilst you can.

Highlighted
Tourist

I will pay $150 for a new one. Anyone have one to sell?

@vicz548 wrote:

What’s going on with the Hero 7 mic adapter, it’s out of stock in your shop and at all resellers? When are supplies and/or an alternative product available? This is a major problem to those of us needing external audio support. 

Highlighted
Nomad

I have one left for sale.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks James, however, I just found one from another seller. Pricey, $135 but had to have it for a trip next week. Thanks anyways.

Highlighted
Nomad

No worries. I would have sold it for that price. I sold one for about that with shipping to Puerto Rico. The guy needed it by this Friday and I sent it Priority yesterday.
Highlighted
Nomad

I've been telling people to check out motor sport shops and aviation shops if they want the GoPro Mic Adapter.  For instance Nflight sells their aviation headset adapter cables complete with the GoPro adapter for $119 via Amazon Prime (currently in stock).   You can then keep the GoPro Adapter and sell off the cables for about $30.