Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker

Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]

What’s going on with the Hero 7 mic adapter, it’s out of stock in your shop and at all resellers? When are supplies and/or an alternative product available? This is a major problem to those of us needing external audio support. 

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 mic adapter out of stock everywhere

[ New ]

Just created an account to tell you all it's in stock on the UK site. Just grabbed myself one :D

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @vicz548, the Pro 3.5mm Mic Adapter should now be available at gopro.com. You may also be able to find this accessory at various retailers (online / physical store). 

If you're located within US, check this Store Locator guide to find authorized GoPro resellers near you: https://gopro.com/store-locator 

Hiker

[ New ]

Should have said I am in the UK. It’s out of stock in the UK GoPro store, Amazon UK, and all other major online sellers. That’s why I started the thread I’m not stupid...

GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for the inconvenience, @vicz548. We are working deliberately to get the stocks replenished as soon as possible. Please check the website from time-to-time for any update.

Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I as well am trying to purchase one and the microphone adapter is still out of stock on your website.

Tourist

[ New ]

Yeah, I am here in NY, and it’s out of stock everywhere. Figured I’d check the gopro website...but they are out of stock too! Just got my hero 7 and external mic...and eager to shoot some awesome sounding video...argh! Hope they replenish stock soon. Seems everyone wants/needs it since you can’t hook up an external mic without it. No other third party adaptor is compatable.

Adventurer

[ New ]

the adapter was $50-60, now its being price goughed. so careful who you get from?  asnot a demand before but when firt came out and now why the shortage, did you improve apon it? or the same. Yes we canchime in to say yes it's back in stock or sorry but we need to know more about it?

Hiker

[ New ]

Did you try Currys...They got stock in recently...the only place in the UK as far as i could see...nightmare...perhaps they have now sold out again?

Hiker

[ New ]

Thanks. Out of stock online and in store.

Hiker

[ New ]
What about CEX...second hand obviously but still.
Hiker

[ New ]

8DAB3AF0-46FC-4B8E-A160-BDE7E4993C8A.png

Hiker

[ New ]
That's grim mate...i waited a month for mine...good luck.
Backpacker

[ New ]

Try an actual camera shop, they may have inventory.  If there's any aircraft shops nearby, they may also have stock as people often use GoPro's in their planes and need the adapter to record the mic inputs from their headset.  Same goes for any racing gear/car shops.  Just expand your search and you may hit the jackpot.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Out of stock everywhere in Canada also

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here in VA in the US.  Everywhere I checked is backordered. Guitar center says they have them in stock so I tried there olny to find out it was backordered as well.  Was coming on here today to see if any of the el cheapo types on Amazon actually work. Guess we are all out of luck for a while

Tourist

[ New ]

Yeah, from talking with various GoPro reps, it appears there was some technical bugs in the product that they are trying to work out. Thats why production just stopped & inventory everywhere dried up.

They didn’t give me any indication of when this issue would be resolved tho. So like everyone else, I am just waiting. I already bought my Hero 7 blk, and a case from Ulzani to hold the audio adaptor & external mic.

I only hope GoPro fixes this before the Hero 8 comes out. I have a feeling that the Hero 8 will have an audio plug built into it like they had in the past, and you won’t need an adaptor anymore. If this happens, will they even bother to release the audio adaptor for the Hero 7 again? I hope so. But this is my concern. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
This is a worry of mine, I’m seriously ticked over this because they are out of stock everywhere. I thought I found one on eBay but he said it was backordered as well
Tourist

[ New ]

This is really disappointing that an accessory that is vital to attaching a mic is out of stock and more importantly, there is no word from GoPro in regards to this. Is this item not supported or is it just inventory? A response would be helpful.

Sightseer

[ New ]
I agree I would like some info on the reason why as well. They are gonna start selling like gold on eBay if they stop selling them. Unless they’re gonna patch the ones out now to be able to use any old usb-c to 3.5mmjack
Sightseer

[ New ]

Any updates on the restocking? 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry, no update yet, @teachusmor76140

Sightseer

[ New ]

Still out everywhere...any chance gopro could give an idea of delivery dates??  kinda renders alot of black 7s semi useful depending on needs.

Hiker

[ New ]

Have changes been made to the adapter to address the well known and documented audio synch problem? Is this why restocking is taking time, a secret mod before release??

Nomad

[ New ]
This is ridiculous. If it is a technical issue then Gopro needs to be upfront and let its customers know instead of having folks aitt9ng and wondering. I bought this camera with plans to shoot videos while on my honeymoon coming up in May but the lack of good audio with this camera will be a problem and being out of stock for this long with no updates is u acceptable. Gopro has suffered a feat deal recently and had just started a turnaround but these types of issues and silence by the company will lead folks to do more exploring of alternatives. I know I will before I decide if I want to get the next Gopro or maybe go in another direction.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Agreat to hear the   mod offer nothing but out of stock.  they are replenishing almost there. when there  may be an issue  noted by another poster.....  

Tourist

[ New ]
It is absolutely ridiculous that Go Pro has offered no announcement about this problem, which, had I known would happen, would have changed my decision to buy. Poorly done GoPro.

Looking at Sony and others now.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Go for a DJI Pocket and try to get a Mic adapter the yare in the same Boat, they have had issues as well so this is nothing new  maybe new to some.

Tourist

[ New ]

Let's face it GoPro is a Nogo managed  by NonPros who have no clue when the Mic adaptor will be available.  

Tourist

[ New ]
NoPro at GoPro who knows the date of delivery of the mic adaptor understands our woes.
Tourist

[ New ]
Doh!Pro
Sightseer

[ New ]

I was going to buy a 7 Black today for motovlogging......luckily, I decided to check the availability of the 3.5 mic adapter.  WTF?  Completely sold out everywhere, and prices are absurd on eBay.  Yeah, yeah.  Supply/Demand.  How the hell did GoPro mis-manage production?  

Adventurer

[ New ]

IMHO:

GoPro  must had an issue so rather continue to pass that issue on to the Consumer, they stopped the  product from going any further.  Yes can lead to lost sales, more pissed  off people. etc...   Be a good idea to offer a notice on the site from GoPro why the Mic adapter  was pulled. off the shelves. if that was the case.

WIll the new stock be improved say improved, or a note inside say improved,   No just to  make sure you are updated to the latest firmware .....

FISH

Nomad

[ New ]
I don't think it was a quality issue that causes this inventory issue. The shortage coincides with the release of the Ulanzi frame that made the mic adapter a lot less cumbersome. Those things are selling very well and I think it led to gopro selling far more adapters then usual. I personally hadn't considered the adapter because of how cumbersome it was but that case makes it a lot more convenient. I ordered my case off ebay for $10 back in late February but It came from China and by the time I got it the adapters where sold out. I figured I wanted to make sure I had the frame in hand before I ordered the adapter. It shouldn't take this long for a reup though. GoPro with all its problems probably use a Just in time inventory process for these and got caught off guard. They are bot financially in a position to expend the money needed to expedite the manufacturing and delivery of these items as in the big scheme of things its probably was not a big enough seller to warrant the added expenditures. They are willing to deal with the customer dissatisfaction it seems as they don't think it will damage the brand enough to justify the extra cost. At least that is what I assume by their lack of comment. But again, I will look at how far some of the competitors have come when looking to upgrade in the future.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Elanzi case I agree may be the  reason that was what I was thinking after I wrote my say.  Anything in this World is possible.  so lets hope that is the case they just can not keep up with the demand..   the Case in hand is not the best nor the worst. I just find the Elanzi case   touch display area be a little better designed.  if asked.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Pues yo me he pillado los dedos porque me la compré la semana pasada y acabo de descubrir esto... total que me he gastado casi 400e en una cámara que no me sirve para lo que la quería. Gracias GoPro espero que lo solucionen rápido

Nomad

[ New ]
Back in stock. I actually ordered one from a different company Sunday but didn't know if they actually had them. Wanted to wait until I could confirm to share the info. But gopr has them right now also. It was actually cheaper for me from the other company because they didn't charge taxes. Get them while they last folks.
Tourist

[ New ]

Does anyone know how long the mic adaptor has been out of stock? This thread started 3 weeks ago but it appears that the inventroy shortage was going on for some time before that.

Interestingly GoPro will not comment on the following:

1. Why the adaptor is out of stock (i.e demand or technical problems)?
  2. When will it be in stock?
  3. Why the adaptor was not built into the camera?
  4. Why the adaptor is so bulky?
  5. Why their case does not accommodate the adaptor?
  6. Why the cost is way out of line with anything reasonable?
  7. Why they are unresponsive to reasonable questions?

A great product that is gaining a very bad reputation. Unfortunately their management does not understand that customers will be reason if they are honest and forthright with them. Stonewalling an issue does not make it go away.

Nomad

[ New ]
They are back in stock.
Adventurer

[ New ]

Qoing to ask  all the question and hope you know there is an issue with using  the Mic Adapter and the  Hero 7 black with external power, the video goes out of Synch. and also rephraine from using quick capture  causes no audio  at imes. 

are you aware of these two issues

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi there,

Today I contacted Gopro Italy since I am in Europe now, and the support assitant on the phone informed me the adaptor is out of production, they are not making it anymore and he didnt know if and when a new type would be available. 

So GOPRO, what is the solution for those who bought the camera for vlogging? (Hero 7 Black + accessories and external Rode mic)

Thanks

Adventurer

[ New ]

Are you sure tha the GoPro rep said Discontinued?  WOW    that means Bluetooth mic on its way?  

Hiker

[ New ]

Now I have to think about that video by Casey Neistat talking to the Gopro boss which said "Gopro is the best vlogging camera. Why aren't there more people using it for vlogging?"

Nomad

[ New ]
They are back in stock in online retailers here. Ii even think Amazon has them.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @battakill

Do you still have the case number from the last time you contacted the Support Team?

Please continue checking our website for updates.

https://shop.gopro.com/EMEA/accessories-2/pro-3.5mm-mic-adapter/AAMIC-001.html

Thanks!

Ej

Nomad

[ New ]
Out of stick everywhere again. Got mine on the way.
Tourist

[ New ]
yeah, just went to purchase from Amazon and they're out. Then checked all the other stores. Everyone is out unless you want to pay the markup on ebay ><
Tourist

[ New ]

Something very strange is going on if GoPRo's mic adaptor is out of stock again. It appears they were sold out in a couple of days. Ugh, what's up GoPro?

Nomad

[ New ]
Some companies where back ordering them. The demand is probably much higher than anticipated. Having workes in a manufacturing environment before it takes time and money to ramp up production. If you only ordered enough material to make a certain number of untis all the components that go into that unit may not be available ro ramp up demand. Every one in the supply chain budgeted for a certain amount and when that number gor blown out of rhe water everyone in the supply chain has to adjust and unfortunately not everyone xan adjust as fast.
Hiker

[ New ]

Good news! GoPro online shop UK has half price deal on accessories!

Not so good news: Mic adapter STILL out of stock...

Adventurer

[ New ]

maybe call gopro and get a rain check for one so that way you can get it at half price, I bet they do not  give rain checks out?