Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 lens cover

My hero 7 lense has condensation / moist on the lense cover or water has entered the lense .....we are not sure....but definitlely a problem because we cannot use it due to bad quality of lense....we were on a tour with island hoping so definitely an inconvenience....when we brought to a go pro shop....they opened the lense and diacovered that the rubber ring that was supposed to secure the lense is torn.....uuurrgghhh....such a bad experience for me....imagine the frustration of not being able to use what you saved up for!!!! Anyways...they have to consult on their supplier if the rubber ring can be replaced....i was hoping that the whole unit to be replaced since it has been purchased less than a month.....# from a sad go pro hero customer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 lens cover

Hi @lexyr13

Though not officially from GoPro, you may use this video tutorial as a reference in removing the protective lens cover.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Nomad

the lens cover unscews easily while pulled out.  

Just clean it off, the actual waterproofing of the camera is via the actual lens, not the protective cover. 

You need not lose any shots whatsoever, and worst case the protective lens cover retails for 20 USD. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @lexyr13

Though not officially from GoPro, you may use this video tutorial as a reference in removing the protective lens cover.

Thanks!

Ej