Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 freezing, links

[ New ]

Hi!

Bought my Hero 7 White from about 3 months ago and I`m experiencing this freezing very often. It happened first time a few days after buying it but I thought it was just a bug and went on.

I have tried new software update (v2.0) , formating SD cards and factory resets with no result, it keeps happening.

I have bought a Samsung Pro Endurance micro-sd from the compatible-list, formated but it keeps happening.

I have been through the freeze link.

Getting quite upset as this problem keeps accuring and nothing helps.

Anyone got some more I can try before I have to contact the salehouse?

Best regards

Chris

Tourist

Re: Hero 7 freezing, links

[ New ]

Is it over heating. Try formatting the card in your computer first then format in the camera.

Tourist

[ New ]
It is not overheating. Usually it happens when I try to turn it off and holding the powerbutton. Sometimes the camera-picture will freeze and sometimes you can follow the camera view.

I’ll give it a go with formating the card in a computer
Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, mine use to shut off in 3 seconds but now it takes at least 15.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chrishoi @joed76587

If you haven't yet, please try running a manual update.

https://gopro.com/en/au/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team for assistance through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs         

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the replies!
I already have the newest update for my camera. I cannot update it again through the app.
GoPro

[ New ]

@chrishoi, reinstalling the firmware update of the camera can help correct any errors with the current software installation. Follow the manual update instructions specified on this article: https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/software-update-instructions-for-hero7-cameras

Hiker

[ New ]

Chris,

I had to do the update 3 time before it took.   I would say the camera only works 70% or the time.  However the freezing generally only last a few moments or you can hold the on off button for 10 to 30 Seconds it will reset.  The shot will be missed. There is a very long delay when pressing the shutter and the camera actually taking a picture or starting to record video.  It is pitifully slow response.  

Try to return it and get a different camera.  

Tourist

[ New ]
jcd:
My camera could freeze straight after a reset and lose all time/date settings which is very annoying. We used it for underwater shoots and generally the only camera we brought with us due to size. I have noticed the delay but doesn’t affect our use as we just predict it.

Thanks for all replies in my thread. I have had excellent help from GoPro where we have agreed a return of the camera and now I will be waiting for my new camera which hopefully doesn’t have these issues :)
Hiker

[ New ]

I am glad the were able to help you and hope the replacement works for you.  Best wishes. 

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]

@chrishoi, your time and patience throughout the process are very much appreciated. Feel free to post back if anything else comes up. Stay stoked, and have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!