Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 footage upside down when editing in Adobe Premiere CC

I was trying to say, "now that makes total sense!!!" Thank u bompelbob for that information!!
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Actually, when set to down orientation gopro both flips the image in codec AND adds a redundant tag that says the image is flipped, which is why Premiere (trying to honor the metadata) ends up flipping an already correct image. Go back and check my earlier posts, they simply need to remove that tag and go back to what was a correct implementation in Hero 6.

Highlighted
Hiker

Yes!! I don't understand why they haven't tried to correct that yet??
Highlighted
Sightseer

Wanted to let you guys know - after updating premiere to the latest version there's no more issue for me. Looks like my problem was on Adobe's end.

Highlighted
Tourist

Did anyone manage to get a confirmed fix on this?

Recorded my footage with landscape lock set to down and i can watch my footage back in Windows 10's media player as it should be but when I import it into Premiere Pro CS6 it's upside down (updated Premiere as above and still no luck)...

The temp fix would be to rotate each and every clip in Premiere timeline after having cut the bits out of the upside down raw videos but that's incredibly tedious...

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have the same issue with EDIUS 7.53

Highlighted
Hiker

I hope they fix this problem with GoPro 8....
Does anybody know if they fix the problem in the Hero 8???????????
Highlighted
Hiker

I'm not going to purchase the GoPro hero 8 until I find out if they fix this problem..... I needed to be like it is in the hero 6....