03-09-2019 10:33 AM - edited 03-09-2019 10:35 AM
Hi I have a problem with my new hero 7 black, I started charging it without any problem then I turned on the camera connected to the power outlet, it stayed on for a minute or so and then it turned off automatically, this is the second camera with which this happens, I already got the first one exchanged in warranty at Best Buy for the same reason it won’t turn on the only difference is that the first one I wasn’t charging it when it happened.
I have already tried getting the battery and the sd card out and turn it on connected to the power outlet, still won’t work.
I hope you guys fix this problem soon because it is the second time this happens and it was in less than a month apart.
03-09-2019 11:55 AM
Sorry to hear about the power issue on your HERO7 Black camera. Typically, this problem is correlated to either the battery, charging fault, or the camera itself. To help isolate this for you, try the following steps:
- Disconnect the camera from any external power source and remove SD card. Remove and reinsert battery.
- Press the Mode Button to see if the camera responds (look for LED illumination, beeps, or a response from the camera’s screens).
- If there's no response, attempt to reset camera by pressing and holding the Mode Button for 8-10 seconds. After releasing the button, leave the camera alone for ≈5 seconds and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If still unable to get any sign of life from camera, remove the battery and connect to a 5V 2A wall charger (5V 1A minimum) using the GoPro USB Type-C cable, let it sit for 5 seconds and try to turn the camera on (with the battery still removed). NOTE: In a pinch, you can use a computer USB port, but we do not recommend using a multi-port USB hub when trying to charge the camera.
- If the camera does not turn on, try using a secondary USB Type-C cable.
- If the camera powers on, it is most likely a battery fault. Try using a secondary battery.
- If/when red LEDs illuminate, allow camera to remain charging for a few minutes.
- Remove the camera from charging source and attempt to get a response from the camera by pressing the Mode Button.
- If provided with a response, allow camera to turn back off, insert the SD card and wait ≈5 seconds, then attempt to record a sample video.
If the issue persists, our Support team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs will be able to assist you with the next steps.
Hopefully this helps!