Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 black stops recording

I have a hero 7 black to make a video time elaps on long term.  It has a external power supply via USB and is mounted in a waterproof case. the time elapse settings are 5s in 4k. the power off settings and the screen saver mode are both disabled but the camera shuts down automatically after a certain period (8h). 

I used the same camer before for  a time elapse during 1 week and it worked perfect. 

I don't know what could be the reason of the automatic power off. is there a kind of log that I could check or something else  that tells me what could be the cause of this problem?

Thanks,

Tom

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black stops recording

Hi @activebeac40218

With regard to how/where the camera is set up, is it possible that it was a thermal shut down?

We currently do not have logs to gather the cause of the shutdown.

Did you have the battery inside the camera?

For long recordings, most users suggest removing the battery and letting the camera run off the external power source.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @activebeac40218

With regard to how/where the camera is set up, is it possible that it was a thermal shut down?

We currently do not have logs to gather the cause of the shutdown.

Did you have the battery inside the camera?

For long recordings, most users suggest removing the battery and letting the camera run off the external power source.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

Thanks fot the reply, I removed the battery and the problem is solved.

kind regards,