Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Find a solution. Share a solution. Ask a question. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Hero 7 black recording laggy

Hi, my problem is that when I start recording with the camera at 4K 60fps, 2.7K 120fps, 1080 240fps, in gopro quick, it goes too lagged, even practically stopping, if I play it on movies and TV (from windows 10 ) goes a little better, and if I put it in the window player, it goes a little better again, but there is still a delay between the video and the audio, like 1 sec or 1.5 sec and the video as soon as I move a bit camera, the image is heavily lagged, I have an SD samsung MB-MC128GA / EU, I think it is in the list of recommended cards, well says AM, but I'm in Europe. The camera is updated to the latest version of the software. I do not know if it is the camera that is wrong or the camera is made this way on purpose, I hope not.

I also have a problem with the gps, and it is that it does not indicate well, I said that I was going at 241 km / h and I was at an altitude of 1100, I live at sea level, I read that they are working on it, so I will wait praying because it's the software and not the hardware.

I'm using google translate, so I do not post this in Spanish and they can understand it a little better, I hope you really understand it, hehe, thanks.

My PC:
I7 7700K
16GB RAM 3000MHz
Geforce 970 OC
Samsung SSD 240 GB

GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black recording laggy

Hello @josefranci615. The resolution settings you identified all use HEVC which requires specific computer system to be viewed and edited. There is information here https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc that discusses such requirements. 

Tourist

Hi, I've already seen that page that you put me there, I fulfill all the requirements, my processor is kaby lake, i got windows 10, and I also have the configuration that saves the files only in HEVC, I also tried it with the combination of both (HEVC + H.264) and it happens exactly the same. Thanks again.

GoPro

If you contact our Support team here https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs , they will be able to help you with further troubleshooting. You may reach them by phone or chat. Thanks!