Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Hero 7 black quikcapture not works if charger connected

Hero 7 black quikcapture not works if charger connected. The leds blink once if i press the shutter button, but thats all. I can turn on gopro with the other button, and then press the shutter to start capture, while charger is connected, but quikcapure not works.

If i disconnect charging, it works.

Why is this artficial limitation?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black quikcapture not works if charger connected

Hello, @disconnect. Is your camera updated to the latest firmware? I just tried recording via QuiCapture using a HERO7 Black that is connected to a power outlet and it worked as expected. 

If you haven't yet, try manually updating the camera firmware following the steps under Manual Update here. Also, ensure that you are using the original charging cable that came with the camera package and that the power source outputs 5V, 1-2A as recommended. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Of course i have, i already updated it twice to the latest, once with gopro app, once from sd card, manually.

What decides which cable, and which charger is okay for this annoying flawed, device, and what makes it not turn on with quikcapture, and what makes it freeze, until i remove the battery?

On my usb charger (2A) on motorbike, makes it freeze if i turn gopro on, with shorter cable. With longer cable, just blinking if i try to quikcapture, or if i connect it to my pc.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @disconnect

If the camera behaves the same after the suggested steps, please let our Support Team know.

You may submit a request for a callback through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs, or initiate a chat session with one of our representatives.

Thanks!

Ej