Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 black aftermarket batteries

[ Edited ]

Is the 7 black "locked in" to only using the gopro OEM batteries?  Or will those ones on Amazon work?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black aftermarket batteries

Hi @net-wurker,

It is always best to use the original GoPro Batteries. It will assure the best performance for your camera. Additionally, in any case that something happened triggered by a third-party battery/accessory it may totally void the warranty of your camera.

I hope this helps.

V

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @net-wurker,

It is always best to use the original GoPro Batteries. It will assure the best performance for your camera. Additionally, in any case that something happened triggered by a third-party battery/accessory it may totally void the warranty of your camera.

I hope this helps.

V
Hiker

Thanks.

Hiker

I saw a video review the other day (GoPro sent him a Hero 7 Black early to review) and he stated that his re-fuel aftermarket batteries did not work in the Hero 7 but did work in his Hero 6.

Hiker

Yeah, I think I read that a recent firmware update made it where the 6 series cameras would no lnoger work with aftermarket batteries. 

The cheap price is tempting, but I think I'll just get GoPro branded batteries to have for extras. One less thing to worry about.

Tourist

I have two batteries aftermarket and works well with my hero 7 black and hero 6 black. Today I just updated the software on hero 7 black and still work on my camera
Only few models work with hero 7. My aftermarket batteries are good quality, not cheap but more accessible than original Gopro battery.
Hiker

Which ones are you using?

Explorer

After market batteries can save you a few bucks, so I'm not advocating that you don't use them. But, it does void your warranty if your camera gets damaged and there is always the possibility that a firmware update will make them unusable.