Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Hero 7 black. Today wouldn’t switch off and wouldn’t connect to phone etc other problems too

Sorry if this is a simple mistake - new to GoPro .
Only had it since Christmas. We have had teething problems.
We have downloaded update etc.
Some previous footage is quite “choppy”/ stop and start - not sure why,
When downloading footage from GoPro to phone - iPhone - twice I’ve had “not alll footage is downloaded “
Today after a short cycle run it wouldn’t turn off.i had tried stopping and starting video footage throughout short ride to try it out.
When I got back home and took phone off of helmet it wouldn’t switch off/ change operation etc. When I tried to connect up to phone it said “GoPro was busy” . Screen said plenty of charge on battery .
Not sure if you can force shutdown on a GoPro?
Eventually I managed to get it to change but not sure how! Downloaded footage but again said not all footage downloaded .
Any help gratefully received . I appreciate it may be user error !!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black. Today wouldn’t switch off and wouldn’t connect to phone etc other problems too

Hi @coolwave38540

Sorry for any troubles caused.

While your camera may already be on the latest version, we suggest doing a manual update.

Re-flashing the software corrects any issues that might have been encountered on the previous installation.

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Hero 7 black. Today wouldn’t switch off and wouldn’t connect to phone etc other problems too

Hi @coolwave38540

Sorry for any troubles caused.

While your camera may already be on the latest version, we suggest doing a manual update.

Re-flashing the software corrects any issues that might have been encountered on the previous installation.

https://gopro.com/update/hero7-black

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej