Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Hero 7 black HDMI resolution

[ New ]

Hero 6 HDMI out max resolution is 1080p.

What is the max out resolution for the Hero 7 black in HDMI live stream ?

Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 black HDMI resolution

[ New ]

I would like to know the answer to this as well. The supported HDMI output resolutions are not mentioned on the product page of the website and are not even included in the specification section at the back of the manual.

It would be nice if GoPro published the HDMI output specifications for their cameras like other camera manufacturers do.

Tourist

[ New ]

For now you can stream in 720p and at the same time store your broadcast locally in 1080p to your memorycard.

Explorer

[ New ]
@aretallak
I think you might be talking about streaming over Wi-Fi (like to Facebook) through the camera and GoPro app. I believe this post is about a live feed from the camera to a media device though a HDMI cable.
Tourist

[ New ]

I believe your'e right Daniel and then it's the same as on the Hero6 black -> 1080p via HDMI

Sightseer

[ New ]

Thank you for the response.

I am looking for live streaming device 4K at 30 fps.

I think it will not be a gopro.

Nomad

[ New ]

The Sony X3000 outputs clean 4K video via its HDMI port.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Can anyone confirm that there is clean HDMI output during the livestream via Wifi? Please

I'd like to be able to see what I'm streaming through a field monitor or use HDMI grabber card and cellphone

Thanks !