Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

[ New ]

@jeremyb7241 wrote:

@brentb57153 wrote:

Hi ,so what is the firmware version in your replacement and whats on and what is not ,same sd card that was in the other one

same turn off method wait till all beeps then release ?

report back in a week to see if still good

Cheers,Brent

I'm not sure if you're talking to me, but this is not a repalcement camera. I bought this new. It saying under Version Number 01.70. 

And when I want to turn off I hold it beeps 8 times really fast, took a couple tries to get a count, then off, but not unless I let go. If I hold for more than 8 beeps I don't think it shuts off at all. To turn on hold and it beeps 3 times then turns on. Since my last post I've lost another 5% battery for no reason. I only turned it back on to check version number. 

As far as what is on and what is off. 

So I was going through settings and it seems anything that would be causing drain is off or disabled. wifi, auto upload, gopro pro settings off, voice commands is off, literally this device now has no features with everything turned off and in the time I was checking these settings the battery lost another 5%, down to 80% battery now since full charge last night and I've only looked at the camera briefly for this post 2 times and then right back off again. 

Tourist

[ New ]
I just got back from a cruise where I used my device with three different battery’s A LOT and only woke up to one dead battery once.
Tourist

[ New ]
I have WiFi off, pro settings ON, voice commands ON but not the wake voice.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Jeremy,possibly wrong person  the guy reported he ghot a replacement from the shop not gopro and had no issues ? perhasps new stock new hardware inside dont know

but never the less  was my 6 th day yesterday was 80% so we got 4 days at 100% 5th day  think was 86% 6 day was 80%

today 7 th day76% so we see a more rapid discharge after 5 th day but as per previous posts cant rely on camera rbattery charge reporting after the 3  miss repots I had as for the post recomending the sony it has no internal 4 k recording and a narrower field of view being 24mm that is first version think there is a v2 will check it

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

[ New ]

The firmware version for both of them was the latest 01.70.

The turn off method I use is to hold the button down a few seconds until I see the light flash.

Then I tap the screen to make sure it actually shut down.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Johana, wouldent it be nice if there was a shutdown from touch screen  with confirmation would save all this maybe it's off or maybe it's not

so no issues with replacement yet  must be a very new one  or did you intall 01.70 firmware perhaps different hardware inside too

please keep us informed as to any issues within next few weeks

Cheers,Brent

Adventurer

[ New ]

that is why I like the Yi camera  swipe down and BAM hit the off on the screen, but still would not get rid of the bug tht gopro has Lol.

Hiker

[ New ]

I realy miss gopro4 black... last hero black worth the money...