Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

Your choice - either UP (my config) or DOWN.  Selecting OFF reverts to the default full auto rotation.

Highlighted
Adventurer

Uo is no drain

Down is no drain

Off is no drain

Just trying to figure out  which drains it  mine is Off.  and I got no problem editing it

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for your tip, Im gonna try that and I will give you a response later!

Highlighted
Hiker

True true true...it's pitiful how this is!!
Highlighted
Tourist

I tried the lock screen trick and only had 1% disharge during the night. Gonna keep the battery in a few more days to see what happens. I hope this fixes the battery issue.

Highlighted
Tourist

has anyone noticed a pattern with the discharing after connecting it to a pc via usb?

twice now i feel that its been involved.

short version: gopro 7 sucked on holidays. since i got back ive been unable to repliacte the issue. used it again recently, still flawless. copied footage off via pc usb cable. 2 hours later its so flat that it wont even charge.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @andrewt067

After copying the files to your computer was the camera left powered on or did you turn it off?

I did a test with the HERO7 Black and observed that the camera is getting charged even when transferring files.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

:/ even if i left it on theres an auto sleep timer.

turn on. plug in usb. moved footage off via pc usb cable. unlplug. turn off (its at about 96%). 2 hours later it was so flat that it took 15 minutes on charge before any lights came on.