Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

Hello,

I am commercial paragliding tandem pilot. I am using gopro so often and i used every gopro. I am living many problem with hero 7. Big problem is batery drain off time. Somehow Battery drain gopro off time and i could find what is the problem!!! But if gopro off time got warm, battery finished. Do you have any solution? Other things camare freezes often and sometimes you do turn off camera or pictures&movies, it is waiting about a minutes. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Found out that my Hero 7 black also drains the battery. In a few days the battery goes to fricking Zero. Never happened with the Hero 5.

And of course, if the battery is empty, the clock also resets. What the actual..... GoPro? Fix it quickly or i'm sending the camera back, i don't have time for this....

Highlighted
Explorer

Don't store the battery in the camera. If it's been days since you last used the camera, put the battery in, connect to either the Quik desktop app or mobile app and the date/time will be updated. Or, you can just enter it yourself.

It doesn't matter if you do or don't want to keep the battery out of the camera. Keeping it out is the best way to prevent battery drain.

The other option is to remove the battery and SD card after charging, press the side mode button for about 10-12 seconds, and then re-insert the SD card and then battery. Otherwise, just keep the battery out of the camera as is stated in the Warranty+Usage guide.

If you aren't happy with these options, return it. You have 30-days from purchase. If it's after your 30-days, then learn to adapt. Read the little pamphlet that came with the camera, it states to not store the battery in the camera. So Don't.
Highlighted
Hiker

I've already returned my GoPro!! I'm not returning it again I'm sick of this!!!! both times that I've done a return on my GoPro they gave me a brand new one and i still have the same issues!!! Although my battery drain problem is fixed....what I did was I simply just turned off the Wi-Fi setting now the battery does not drain! but I still have the issue with the upside down recording not coming out right side up!! So I'm still using the GoPro 6 for most of my upside down recording!!
Highlighted
Hiker

And if I get one more issue out of this GoPro 7 I'm going to throw it out the window!!!
Highlighted
Explorer

Upside down recording. Well, if you have even a moderately decent video editor this shouldn't be an issue. I've not experienced this. When I set orientation to UP or Down, it records correctly. Of course, when in auto I've had the camera angled incorrectly so the image recorded in the wrong orientation, but I just rotated it in my editor. No big deal.

What you do with your camera is your business, but I'm sure you could get a few buyers who would gladly pay you for it. Or, you could donate it to a charity or even a local library. However, if throwing it out a window gives you relief, just look to make sure you don't hit anyone. Otherwise, have at it. I love my HERO7 Black and use it almost daily. Amazing quality and I've captured some priceless moments.

Best of luck!
Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

@danielr15 wrote:
Don't store the battery in the camera. If it's been days since you last used the camera, put the battery in, connect to either the Quik desktop app or mobile app and the date/time will be updated. Or, you can just enter it yourself.

It doesn't matter if you do or don't want to keep the battery out of the camera. Keeping it out is the best way to prevent battery drain.

The other option is to remove the battery and SD card after charging, press the side mode button for about 10-12 seconds, and then re-insert the SD card and then battery. Otherwise, just keep the battery out of the camera as is stated in the Warranty+Usage guide.

If you aren't happy with these options, return it. You have 30-days from purchase. If it's after your 30-days, then learn to adapt. Read the little pamphlet that came with the camera, it states to not store the battery in the camera. So Don't.

sounds like you dont understand the issue at all:

9:01am - fully charged gopro (100%)

10:02am - record something awesome (99%)

10:05am - stop recording (96%)

10:15am - try to record something even more awesome, oh no, its already dead flat, it wont even turn on!

10:16am - go home, plug in to charge (0%)

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @andrewt067.  Thank you for going through the recommended troubleshooting steps. If you haven't yet, please get in touch with our Support team so they can further assist you regarding the battery drain issue. You may call or chat with them through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs .