Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Sightseer

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

I have a brand new GoPro 7 Black and have the same issue. It drains the battery to zero in a few hours even when it is off and the voice command is off. 

Tourist

Welcome to the club!.  Most of us would give you the advise to: return it to the store and get a full refund.  The only reason for us to be stuck with it is because we found out later (passed the store return time).  So learn from our mistakes.  You may have better luck with GoPro 8, but GoPro 7 is pretty much like 'Windows Vista' (worked most of the time, but someties it didn't).

Tourist

Same issue here. Everything turned off, camera turned off and it drained about 40% in 24 hours. I use a raccomanded sd card (SanDisk Extreme 32GB). I replaced the camera with another one at my local store and for the first 4 days it worked as expected (1% or 2% battery drain in 24hours when camera is off).  Now the problem is here again. Now battery drain is even worse (60% in 24 hours when off). It also drains very quickly when is on and not recording (it drains about 3% in 1/2 minutes even not recording).

I think I will return also this camera but I have the impression that problem will appear also with the next replacment.. It may be a software issue but it's strange that not every hero 7 owner is reporting it..

Explorer

Seems to happen randomly at best. I generally follow the guidance from GoPro and the Warranty/Usage pamphlet that comes with the camera and take my battery out of the camera when I'm not using it, but I have had a couple of battery drains. For me, it seemed to be related to a particular SanDisk Extreme v30 card that I was using (my other four v30 cards seem fine), but it could have just been coincidence (although that one particular card also caused the camera to freeze a few times).
Highlighted
Hiker

Good bye GoPro.
Hello DJI Osmo action!
Adventurer

Yeah I not jump ship that fast 

Tourist

Hi same here I dont have another $1,500 to spend since all the extrasI got with this 7 Black just wish all the features I asked for would be implimented in firmware plus a fix for this drain issue its fine whilst actually using it

Cheers,Brent

Tourist

Osmo Action is out! See you there!
Even if you have gadgets, they are compatible with the Dji's new action camera!
https://www.dji.com/en/mobile/osmo-action