Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
Cameras
Highlighted
Hiker

Re:Hero 7 battery drain

[ Edited ]

This is such a freaking joke, and the responces from GP are even more rediculous than anyone could possibly imagine.

Sucks that I along with MANY others are just SOL and stuck with this BS. 30 days to return the camera, and after that you have no choice but to have to keep it and its issues.. OR, send it in, wait over 2 weeks, and they will send you another camera - WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS hahahaha!! GP knows about it, they just play along like robots, and its just too bad for the consumer. UN REAL!

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Re:Hero 7 battery drain

i think ive been having the same problem for the last 4-5 weeks.

i could charge it the day before, and it'd hold the charge just fine, but as soon as i use it once the battery starts to fall, the next time i go to use it, even within a short time, it would be dead flat.

3 days ago, before a weekend of surfing, i decided to:

-re-flash 1.7 firmware (it already was 1.7) using manual sd card method.

-reset all settings.

-turn off gps features.

-i used gopro app to connect to it and make sure it works, changed some settings, then turned off wifi connectivity feature.

i used it heaps over the weekend, and more today so far just testing, and so far its been working fine.

dont know if im lucky, or perhaps gps or wifi is something to do with it.

just thought i'd post in case someone else finds success with this method.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Hero 7 battery drain

One more thing you may want to try : Lower the touch display brightness to  50% or less. I have mine set to 30%.  See if that helps.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Re:Hero 7 battery drain

@andrewt067 wrote:

i think ive been having the same problem for the last 4-5 weeks.

i could charge it the day before, and it'd hold the charge just fine, but as soon as i use it once the battery starts to fall, the next time i go to use it, even within a short time, it would be dead flat.

3 days ago, before a weekend of surfing, i decided to:

-re-flash 1.7 firmware (it already was 1.7) using manual sd card method.

-reset all settings.

-turn off gps features.

-i used gopro app to connect to it and make sure it works, changed some settings, then turned off wifi connectivity feature.

i used it heaps over the weekend, and more today so far just testing, and so far its been working fine.

dont know if im lucky, or perhaps gps or wifi is something to do with it.

just thought i'd post in case someone else finds success with this method.

sctacth that.

4 days later the bug is back.

man this thing is useless.

Highlighted
Sightseer

Welp....I just sold my H5B to pick up the H7B and learned of these problems. I, too, am experiencing the battery drain problem with a brand new unit.

FML.....wish I kept my H5B.
Highlighted
Hiker

GoPro cada cuanto saca una camara?

Cuando pensais que GoPro tendra su nueva Hero 8?

Highlighted
Hiker

This year. Between September and November.

Thankfully DJI is gonna release their own action cam this April (check YT by "dji action camera").

For me it's the last hope for working device with premium quality.

Highlighted
Sightseer

I have a brand new GoPro 7 Black and have the same issue. It drains the battery to zero in a few hours even when it is off and the voice command is off.